Yeti collection road trip

MarieK

Regarding your earlier post about the sound system......

I think you will find the cure to the problem is to remove the "Best of Fleetwood Mac" CD from the autochanger. (Younger readers may need to Google Fleetwood Mac and look for Tusk).

Hope you and Snowy enjoy the rest of your holiday together!

Is it the real Fleetwood Mac or the fake one?

Not sure the USC Trojan marching band would be hanging out in Skye :giggle:

Obviously not woken up yet - linked to the thumbnail. Muppet that I am.

The original up there should be a smidge larger now!

Makes me want to go fishing, and i don't fish...

Obviously not woken up yet - linked to the thumbnail. Muppet that I am.

The original up there should be a smidge larger now!

Not sure, could be down Sleat somewhere. Road to Elgol maybe?

• Like 1

Could easily be around there. We'd looked at maps and tried to guess where we might encounter certain types of wildlife. Didn't need to do that on Uist, as it was everywhere...

• Like 1

More likely because I'm nearly 500 miles away  :giggle:

That makes me think of the proclaimers  :blush:

And I would drive 500 miles and I would drive 500 more

To be the one who drove a thousand miles to have a Yeti parked at my door  :rofl:

MarieK, did you check the locking wheel nut socket? That proclaimers song may need a repeat  :blush:

When you get home Snowy may need to be drive trained as he's been all over the place since the adoption  :giggle:

I checked that the socket was in the kit with spare wheel. I suppose I should check that it fits  :wonder:

I'm not going out in PJ's to check that, will do it later  :giggle:

Could easily be around there. We'd looked at maps and tried to guess where we might encounter certain types of wildlife. Didn't need to do that on Uist, as it was everywhere...

Next time you're up look out for the lesser spotted white yeti. He's a bit shy but if you sing the proclaimers song above he'll appear  :rofl:

• Like 3

We're planning a trip to Stirling, back end of September.

Usually try and get a couple of days in Lochcarron too.

I am determined to get a run over the Bealach without fog this time. ;)

I'm thinking Skye may be on the cards if we get time.

Do I really have to sing that song? With my voice I'd probably scare the willies out of the poor boy :o

• Like 1

The tyres are Pirelli P Zero Rosso.......I had to go out in my PJ's to check for you  :giggle:

The ride comfort has been ok so far, I'll have a better idea of comparison when I get back onto the Skye roads.

I will be sourcing winter tyres to put on from October/November as I found they made a big difference on the Juke. I haven't decided whether to get 16" wheels for winter or just to get 17" tyres and have them swapped onto the alloys. 

Thank you very much indeed MarieK. That was really very sweet of you. 

• Like 1

Same tyres as my Diesel 170.

Have to say I'm impressed with them.  Better than the Dunlops my wife's 1.2tsi came with the week before.

The ex-works tyres can vary so quickly? Interesting.

This thread doesn't really have rails so I wouldn't worry about it too much, we've touched upon lots of useful stuff  :happy:

Do you often see submarines off Skye? My neighbours were there (years ago) when one came up in the harbour and the crew rowed ashore to get fish and chips? How far off the rails is that? :giggle:

• Like 1

Do you often see submarines off Skye? My neighbours were there (years ago) when one came up in the harbour and the crew rowed ashore to get fish and chips? How far off the rails is that? :giggle:

What rails........ :rofl:

• Like 1

Well that was pretty stupid of them as the chip shops on Skye are rubbish  :giggle:

• Like 1

I took the rails off and chucked them in the back of Johanns mucky yeti  :rofl:

Muckyeti – if it hasn't already been done,  that would be a great name for a hard-working off-roading Yeti. I normally charge £300 quid a day for coming up with stuff like that...  :think:

I took the rails off and chucked them in the back of Johanns mucky yeti  :rofl:

I'm proud that my Yeti is mucky!!!  LOL  (only on the outside though - inside he has a heart of gold).

• Like 1

Are you still in your PJ's MarieK?

No I've been out for a drive, getting used to the petrol engine now and loving it.

The sound system is also getting well used, had mumford and sons playing and the sound quality was excellent.

I put the seat heater on by mistake when trying to turn the a/c up........oops  :o

• Like 1

I put the seat heater on by mistake when trying to turn the a/c up........oops  :o

Briefly thought you'd pee'd yourself i bet :giggle:

One of my favourite get the passenger games is the seat heater.

Not a day for extra heating...

Briefly thought you'd pee'd yourself i bet :giggle:

One of my favourite get the passenger games is the seat heater.

Not a day for extra heating...

:D But it gives them a warm glow inside.

Childish but who cares? :giggle:

• Like 3