A few pictures of my Steel Grey Combi

Looks great, seems they have also already changed the spec of the steering wheel, its got more piano black around the airbag than mine!

Looks good.  I think I need to go and see one in the flesh now.

Whenever someone talks about a Combi it just makes me think that it comes with Garlic Bread or an extra large drink, can't we just call it an estate?

• Like 1

Looks great, seems they have also already changed the spec of the steering wheel, its got more piano black around the airbag than mine!

The piano black comes as standard with the Columbus sat nav

You get a different steering wheel with the Columbus sat nav? Are you sure?  :think:

Not disputing that it was originally included with Columbus upgrade but the link I posted above, post 62 shows Arex has the same steering wheel with Amundsen, so maybe all Eleg spec cars are now getting the piano black trim on the steeling wheel?

Looks good but wheres the Chrome window surrounds?! :bandit:

Continuing the posts on the previous page, I have now had a response from the dealer.  I am sure you remember that there was lots of to-and-fro around the Chrome Window Trim a few months ago - whether it was standard, optional, available, made of cheese.  Well it seems that it has been acknowledged that I ordered within the nanosecond when it was standard, so they will dealer fit the items "when they come available".

• Like 2

Glad to hear. Lets hope they stick to it. :)

Yes, I will believe it when I see it.  At least I discovered today that I am not paying for it monthly or in BIK tax.  Because of that nanosecond timing when it appeared to be standard fit, it was taken out of the costing without me realising (company car of course, so things aren't necessarily as transparent as when you are sitting at the dealership negotiating the old-fashioned way).  So IF I get the trim, it will be free.  And I have also had front mudflaps and sill plates fitted free of charge as a goodwill gesture for all the hassle I have had.  I have had a few problems, but I really can't fault the dealer (like fixing the aircon asap and filling my tank back up today).

• Like 2

They're different colors from what I am aware of. They were both on the image with the VRS colors. This Steel one looks quite interesting, would be nice to see it with the VRS Black Package.

It does look odd with silver roof bars and no chrome surrounds. It should be either chrome-chrome or black-black. Not that it's your fault anyway! :)

Very nice looking car and exceptional mpg numbers if you ask me! Enjoy your new baby. ;)

Same color, different name for different markets.

Steel Grey metallic <-> Platin Grey metallic - 2G2G

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/213940-is-platin-grey-actually-steel-grey/?p=2523190

• Like 1

Looks nice on the outside but the inside.... Im not a fan..... The match is way off. Gray paint with Light brown interior. It would have looked better with black interior.

Sorry.....

Looks nice on the outside but the inside.... Im not a fan..... The match is way off. Gray paint with Light brown interior. It would have looked better with black interior.

Sorry.....

No problem. If we all had the same taste, all the cars would look the same :whew:

I just don't see the link between interior colour and exterior colour.  I spend 99% of my time on the inside, and hate depressingly black interiors.  An easy decision for me.  Steel Grey isn't really my first choice of exterior, but then there wasn't a pale metallic colour that I liked available, so I went for the mid grey.

No, that is standard suspension and standard Elegance wheels - 17".

I did once have a 1.6D DSG Elegance hatch demo car that looked much more "on stilts"

Octavia%2520Wheel.jpg

That black one is stilts indeed :giggle:

I am looking forward to see someone posting a picture of the lowered version with 18" wheels or I just have to wait a few months till I get my own.

Thanks for the reply

• Like 1

That black one is stilts indeed :giggle:

I am looking forward to see someone posting a picture of the lowered version with 18" wheels or I just have to wait a few months till I get my own.

Thanks for the reply

Not a closeup but here is a estate with sport suspension and 18" wheels

post-102825-0-21351600-1373659078_thumb.jpg

Thanks, and yes, I really am :blush:

And, controversially, it's neither Race Blue nor Candy White!

Edited by Juniperz

Thanks, and yes, I really am :blush:

And, controversially, it's neither Race Blue nor Candy White!

I am VERY happy with my race blue, but maybe that's because i very very rarely see any other octyIII let alone one in my colour. (Had mine for 4 weeks)

I think once Skoda get their act together and more are on the road I may not feel the same!!!

• Like 1

I think the Race Blue will be extremely popular, given that it is a very beautiful color and it also has the hint of the previous VRS. It's a win-win for people got a "regular" O3.