Few mods :) welcome to the land of the low!

Plastidip is fine i have done my brothers grille with it. its flexible and stones wont chip it like they would paint.

pic below

facebook_1910941263_zps0ab551df.jpg

Did you do the plasti dip with the grille and badge still in situ, and, if so, I presume the overspray peeled off easily?

i removed the grille from the surround purely to make it easier for me i have a spare grille and surround to put on the car while i worked on this. The badge was left in situ once i had finished giving it a few coats i ran a sharp blade round where the badge is and peeled off the excess from the badge pretty easy to do. i still have a can left so Im thinking about doing the mirror covers. 

Yeah Iain im currently running about in a 1.2 petrol fabia while my Vrs is being serviced its surprisingly nippy although noisy compared to the Octy

• Like 1

Iv ordered the tint spray, hopefully be her by Friday and have the paint and other required bits.n Bob's for doin the grill and badges so will post a few more pictures up when I get that all done, hopefully Friday :)

Have you got a link to the tint spray, Iain?  :)

It's just some stuff off of eBay brimma so no idea if itl be any good or not lol. if its okthen il give u the brand, but its just the first one that came up when I searched light tint spray on eBay I bought!

Allan iv had the 1.2 fabias a couple times from Arnold Clark when the cars been in, theyr not bad but I miss the comfort of the octy after about 10 minutes haha

• Like 1

Looking at ebay you can buy aerosol cans of remover, so it's not the same as removing plasti dip, although I think plasti dip do do light tint themselves according to youtube videos

Lol your brave using Arnold Clark Iain. I think I'm banned from AC skoda linwood lol.

Yeah Brimma plastidip do a smoke effect spray http://www.plastidip.co.uk/eStore/index.cfm?type=Home_Solutions/PlastiDip_Smoke&stage=1&menu=0

I don't know if it was a mickey-take video on youtube of a guy using plast-dip on a VW van - he plastered it on so heavily you could hardly see any light through it at all, then peeled it straight off again - will have to have another search for one done properly  :)

• Like 1

Ye Allan i'm probably going the same way, thats where i bought the car so just take it there to moan lmao

Any way i done the fogs and it went in to get the ride height adjusted as it had settled a bit more and was VERY low, still pretty low but that's it up an inch apparently lol! Also toy'd with the idea of tinted DRLs but think its better without, can't decide so hit me with opinions! Getting the rear light tinted tomorrow hopefully and will change the rear badge over!

IMAG0062_zpsf0f3bb0e.jpgStandard DRL

IMAG0061_zps0d65fa2f.jpgTinted DRL

Let it loose at the Glasgow Cruise :)

IMAG0063_zps5d0b55a4.jpg

IMAG0065_zps30aef9c4.jpg

IMAG0064_zps9c30f61a.jpg

IMAG0068_zpsb0d4e0da.jpg

Stopped at ASDA on the way home, looks nice in the dark :p

IMAG0071_zps1bc3ff8b.jpg

YELLOW FOGS!

IMAG0069_zps8fabc33b.jpg

nice, IMO it needs the DRLS tinted too, and something done with the wheels, either change to aftermarket, or get the OEM ones done Anthracite, still too low IMO.

D@z I'm undecided re. Wheels tbh, anyone decent on photoshop? Been spending a growning amount of time on wheel whores classified lately...don't tempt me more Lmao! Cheers for opinion on DRLs :)

How does the insurance companies view tinted lights? With the reduced light output are you not worried about being rear ended? I almost rear ended someone with tinted rears on a sunny

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How does the insurance companies view tinted lights? With the reduced light output are you not worried about being rear ended? I almost rear ended someone with tinted rears on a sunny day due to the brake bulbs being so dim.

Eeeeeeekk bit the bullet and booked to get wheels done next week. Going graphite grey, somewhere between silver and anthracite so it is. Hope I like it!

Good point re. lights I know what u mean, some of these folk tint them far to much and they really inhibit the light that comes out! Silly and dangerous, I'm just going lightly smoked so should be fine :)

• Like 1

Done a few mods and gave the car a VERY quick (much to quick by my usual standards) wash. Lowered on coilies (told the mechanic i didn't want it too low but he decided otherwise i guess lol. the rear im happy with front needs to come up. Will get it done on friday when it goes back to get a check up) Tinted headlamps and wrapped the grill.Still need to...Paint grill matt black (carbon wrap hasn't taken properly) tint the fogs and drl's. Fogs are going yellow and the drls just blacked like the headlights. I have one of the new style badge on the rear done matt black still to fit. I'm going to rub down the vrs badges and matt black paint them leaving the green and red. Getting very light tints on the windows and wind deflectors fitted.

Other plans in consideration are - Removal of vrs spoiler and fitting a sport style lip one. Tinting the rear lights, just don't know what to do with these. Should I tint the white part n leave the red as standard or just do the whole lamp units? I don't know  :wall:

Anyways rate or slate away folks  :kiss:

20130708_193500_zpsb9ea493e.jpg

20130708_193453_zpsc118b22c.jpg

20130708_193437_zpsc192ea18.jpg

20130708_1934290_zps1a706386.jpg

20130708_193544_zps65ec2b75.jpg

Also...i'm a terrible photographer sorry  :bandit:

wow nice mods and ya the spoiler looks cool

Plastidip is fine i have done my brothers grille with it. its flexible and stones wont chip it like they would paint.

pic below

facebook_1910941263_zps0ab551df.jpg

omg love in this colour

• Like 1