CR Vrs Hesitation

Hi All

I have had my Blackline since September and its been a great car,but over the last 2 months or so i have started getting what was a slight hesitation on very light throttle going down a slight gradient but only while warming up (about 10 mins into journey) this has now progressed to doing it on most days even on the flat if you hold the throttle steady at say 35 mph the car will jerk back and for until you apply more throttle.

Any thoughts or anyone else have the same problem.

Thanks

Lee 

Iv heard this is common, mine does it the odd time if I go over a crest or bridge.

Mine does it even on the flat now,it also feels under powered for a few seconds afterwards,i did search but no-one seems to know the answer.its certainly getting worse, might get it booked in but we all know it will be no fault found!!

What gear is engaged at 35mph - 5th or 6th?

It does it in both gears.

It might be attempting a DPF regen and forcing a quick warmup. My earlier 2008 CR had this issue and my current 2011 does too but to a lesser extent. Both were ok once up to operating temperature.

Mine does it even on the flat now,it also feels under powered for a few seconds afterwards,i did search but no-one seems to know the answer.its certainly getting worse, might get it booked in but we all know it will be no fault found!!

Is the gearing different on the dsg as I wouldnt use 5th or 6th at 35mph in my manual. 4th would be more likely of even 3rd depending on conditions. Maybe your just in too high a gear

My vRS CR DSG seems to have considerably lower ratios than the MK6 Golf 2.0 CR 140 6 speed manual I had beforehand, goes some way to explain its considerably higher CO2 output. However probably drives a bit better as a result, the Golf suffered terrific turbo lag but think this was exaggerated by its stratospheric gearing. Wasnt a Bluemotion Tech model either (normal GT 5 door)

Thanks for all your replies,

Had it in manual mode this morning on the way to work and it does it at the same speed either in 5th or 6th gear its at around 1400-1500 rpm. Might go to the dealer and see if a software update is available.

As I am aware this is something all VRS CR170's do. Mine is a manual and will do it on gradient changes (downward more sudden dropping away of road). I do not experience it at all in the Netherlands as the roads are very good and smooth (yet I do live in a hilly region), in the UK it happens more frequently. There are dozens of threads on this now and the most common suggestions are along the lines of traction control being sensitive and the momentary weight change from the negative g force on a drop off in road may be causing it. But no 100% answers that I have seen. Would be worth a good search though plenty written on it. 

• 3 weeks later...

yes mine is doing this, the gear changes in 2-3 are worse. feels delayed, lazy and hesitant. also feels a bit jerky; I mean the gear change is not smooth. it does this in normal mode, sport and in manual. also when you put the foot down, its also delayed in responding.

I took it to Mitchells, the engineer noticed it on the test drive. he took measurements and sent them to skoda, and also recalibrated the DSG, however this has done nothing. To me it feels mechanical. They are awaiting feedback from Skoda, hopefully the measurements will show something up.

If you're talking about going down hill and the engine suddenly loses power - its because your foot is only down so far.

I.E.

You're in 4th, at 1,450rpm. You go down a hill, speeding up a little bit because of the decline, the engine is now going 1,550rpm.

The car loses all power as the engine cuts the fuel off, because you're only pushing the throttle down far enough to warrant 1,500rpm.

Watch the instant MPG or L/100km gauge, see what it says. If it suddenly hits --.- or 0.0 then you know thats what it is. :)
It'll also be the same feeling as takign the throttle all the way off and just engine braking.