Why do we give Yetis names?

PenTom

Sorry.........best I could muster in this heat   :(

you should come to Dublin, cloudy and cool all day. Maxed out around 17 degrees

Ours is called Ottie. There is a definite, but mind-scramblingly tenuous, connection with Skoda. Big round of applause if anyone can work it out...

It's a Yeti-owner thing, I'm afraid...

Hardly!  My Mum's Fiat 500 (D-reg, as in suffix, and the D model too, so a rear-mounted, air-cooled 499cc twin) was called "Bambi".  My Dad's first Peugeot - a 403 estate - was called "Joe", and its replacement - a 404 Familiale was called "Al".  He used to buy them second-hand from the bloke who owned the electrical shop on the high street.  Before the Peugeots he had a Morris Traveller which I suspect was frequently called something which cannot be repeated on a family-oriented forum such as this one.

Yeti is Monster

MX-5 is Magnus

and departed V5 was Monty.

Why they all start with an M?  Who knows.  No reason.   :giggle:   

Our first Skoda was a Favorit in 1993, I think we just called it 'the Skoda', but then in 2001 we bought an early Fabia Combi, a marvellous car, and that became known as 'Skodey'. When one becomes attached to a car, for whatever reason, but mainly because it is so damn good and so useful, it tends to get a name. Skodas fit well into this category, and Yetis particularly so, being so multipurpose. Because right now we have a Phaeton, to which I am very attached, my wife calls it (her?) 'Mrs P', my second wife. When in august soon our Yeti arrives, perhaps in view of this she may be 'Miss Yeti', as the car my wife would prefer to drive, on account of the size factor. We have to see how my wife reacts when she comes. 

• Like 1

A number of views put forward a while ago regarding naming your car...(the inanimate metal, glass and plastic object sitting outside your residence)..... a name, are to be found here :-

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/278229-named-my-yeti/

Love it. Thank you for sharing...

I'm very unimaginative with my cars. Fabia vRS was simply Furby, the Yeti is either Yeti or Gufs-mobile (both plate and owner related :rofl: ), and the Impreza used to vary from Scooby or Nail, depending on costs at the time! I've never applied any sort of gender to one either. They're all "it".

Probably a good job I'm not a father, or my children might have been called "Child" and "The other child". :)

• Like 1