Named my Yeti

subbu68

Have been thinking of a good name for my Yeti. Felt it more like a pet than a car. And seeing the stance in my profile photo gave it the name SIMBA B)

Have been thinking of a good name for my Yeti. Felt it more like a pet than a car. And seeing the stance in my profile photo gave it the name SIMBA B)

There used to be a dog around where I live called Simba, it kept trying to mount my old Yorkie Terrier, hope your Yeti does not take up this pastime, if so MarirK will not want you in the Isle of Skye when her new girl arrives shortly :rofl:

Mine will be a boy, so there will certainly be none of that :devil:

Yeah, but the boys in Scotland wear those pretty tartan dresses!

• Like 2

"Oh the Scotsman is mean as we're all well aware, he's huge and he's bony and covered with hair, he eats salted porridge and tosses tall trees, and wears pretty dresses to show off his knees". Ah, the late, great, Flanders and Swann.

• Like 2

Yes and they wear nothing under them :blush:

When I was in Scotland on holiday a few years ago I put on a kilt for a night. I was asked if anything was worn beneath it. I said "no everything is in perfect working order" .. the old ones are always the best
  • Like 3

Little known facts that nobody knows about and nobody cares about no. 675 - Stephanie Flanders ( economics editor for BBC ) is related to above Flanders of "Flanders & Swann".

Now you're all impressed!!

• Like 1

My youngest daughter (16) has named ours "Sergie" after its registration "SGY". Seems slightly appropriate for a snow monster?

....And not a kilt in sight! Just some crazy photo of an Italian rally car as my member image. Well - that's because if you look VERY closely - I'm in it!

Edited by FlintstoneR1

Little known facts that nobody knows about and nobody cares about no. 675 - Stephanie Flanders ( economics editor for BBC ) is related to above Flanders of "Flanders & Swann".

Now you're all impressed!!

Daughter, actually.

The stance reminded us of SIMBA the cub Lion King. My daughter now 11 still has the SIMBA toy that i got her when she was 2-3 yrs old!!! May be we'll stick it on the dash.

On the basis of giving those who give their cars names or refer to them as "she" or "he", rather than "it", a hate figure and someone to direct venom and disapproval at......... I'll just offer my view that I find it childish and unnecessary and makes me cringe every time I hear it or see it printed. The darn thing is an inanimate object made of metal and plastic and has no personality. It's an 'IT'. I get 'IT' out of the garage and drive 'IT'. I have 'IT' serviced and fill 'IT' up with petrol. I'll sell 'IT' one day and get someTHING else - not someONE else. It might be another Yeti but it'll have a V5, not a birth certificate. And on the one occasion when I couldn't start it...it was, most definitely, an 'IT'..........."IT won't start!"......not "Oh dear, She doesn't seem to want to come out to play today"

OK, bit tongue in cheek and don't really mean to start WW3, but I really, really, can't stand giving cars a name. I suppose if I had a boat it might have to have a name in order to distinguish it from all the others moored at the Bahamas Boat Yard.

And, as usual.... :) ... the obligatory smiley to make everything alright.

• Like 2

On the basis of giving those who give their cars names or refer to them as "she" or "he", rather than "it", a hate figure and someone to direct venom and disapproval at......... I'll just offer my view that I find it childish and unnecessary and makes me cringe every time I hear it or see it printed. The darn thing is an inanimate object made of metal and plastic and has no personality. It's an 'IT'. I get 'IT' out of the garage and drive 'IT'. I have 'IT' serviced and fill 'IT' up with petrol. I'll sell 'IT' one day and get someTHING else - not someONE else. It might be another Yeti but it'll have a V5, not a birth certificate. And on the one occasion when I couldn't start it...it was, most definitely, an 'IT'..........."IT won't start!"......not "Oh dear, She doesn't seem to want to come out to play today"

OK, bit tongue in cheek and don't really mean to start WW3, but I really, really, can't stand giving cars a name. I suppose if I had a boat it might have to have a name in order to distinguish it from all the others moored at the Bahamas Boat Yard.

And, as usual.... :) ... the obligatory smiley to make everything alright.

I have to say I do agree with you on this and my cars have always been referred to as "The Car", but hey, some people think personal plates are silly but the same people DO give their cars names :wonder: All down to the great diversity of Yetidom I suppose :happy:

Oh, and a big kiss from "The car" :kiss:

• Like 2