1. 1. Have you ordered the Panaramic Sunroof

2. 2. Have received your Octy yet

• Yes
    • No but confirmed delivery before September
    • No but a promise of a build week in September
    • 2014 as I live in Scandinavia
  3. 3. Would you drop the Sunroof Option to get the Octy earlier

Guys,

As it appears that the Panaramic Sunroof is item that is causing the delays. I'm just curious as to how many people are waiting on the item.

So I've added a poll (hopefully I did it right) 

On the Romanian configurator, the panoramic sunroof is available for regular Octavias, but not on the vRS. I've sent an email on Monday to the dealer asking him what's the problem with it and no reply yet.

PS: On the vRS, the Columbus is not available either for some reason.

Menumorut, the panaramic sunroof was only option on the estate/combi/shooting brake, if you ordered a HB then you may not have the same delay. Although in some of the picture of HBs with sunroofs, they look like the panaranic but without the rear hole cut on the roof. Would be interesting to see picture of your octy when you get it.

I had one of the last sunroofs before they were stopped and its great but its a full length one unlike the Octy, so I never bothered this time round. Still wont get my car until Sept tho, and that was a mid June order.

It is full length, exactly the same as on the Yeti, on the estate. :)

Mk Octy arrived today.  Hatchback with sunroof.

A bit bigger than a standard sized sunroof inside the car (maybe 20%).  Outside it really looks great against a white car!

Not sure if this is still the case, but a quick google found that the sunroofs are manufactured by Arvinmeritor, in Lozorno Slovakia.

Don't know how badly this area was affected by the flooding

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have ordered a vRS estate with the panoramic sunroof, reading through this forum it seems as though i'm in for quite a wait.

Never actually seen one in the flesh, so trawling the web have come up with this clip (Superb elegance) but must be very similar.

Reason ordered is to brighten up the very BLACK interior as I also intend to retro tint 23% which will add to the bleakness but keep it a bit more private.

Any better clips of the beast would be very welcome.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT6V7qIV9BE

Another question would be if the sunshade is manual or electric for the estate sunroof? Have seen it as both ways in various places. Would be rather daft for it to be manual for a panoramic sunroof, how could the driver ever get it all the way to the back by himself?

Would be rather daft for it to be manual for a panoramic sunroof, how could the driver ever get it all the way to the back by himself?

I think you've answered your own question there. ;)

Another question would be if the sunshade is manual or electric for the estate sunroof? Have seen it as both ways in various places. Would be rather daft for it to be manual for a panoramic sunroof, how could the driver ever get it all the way to the back by himself?

The sunshade is electric for the estate, but manual for the hatch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For my part, the panoramic sunroof has been cancelled. I ordered the car April 12th and was quoted build week 37. Then it got delayed until week 40-something, and then even further. I was told that the delays could very well last until past new year, so we decided to cancel the roof. Now we have week 36 as a confirmed build week.