Rear fog swap R-L?

Your local dealer should be able to do it.

Not sure many people have had a chance to try VCDS on the MkIII yet to check if it can be done.

One reason why I prefer twin fogs, far less hassle and with LED high level brake lights the myth of them masking the brake lights is over.

• Like 1

Thanks. Yes, I contacted my local dealer (German) and the master mechanic had said it needs a new cable fitted, quoted about €100.

A friend who has a mk2 VRS Blackline said the same dealer did his fog by computer at a cost of €40. So I'm feeling a little bit confused as I would have thought the mk3 was capable of this also?

Tourist mode? Is that available on non-xenon models? I havent been made aware of this and can't say I have noticed it. Will have a look into it.

The car is booked in tomorrow for a headlight change over from uk to continental as the dealer has informed me they are not flat beam-able.

Thanks for the advice, any help is greatly appreciated :)

Tourist mode? Is that available on non-xenon models? I havent been made aware of this and can't say I have noticed it. Will have a look into it. )

No, tourist mode is only for the xenon lights. Another brilliant idea - I have had quite a few cars with xenon lights and this is the first one I've had where it is possible to simply programme the lights to switch to driving on the "wrong side" of the road. Well done Skoda!

Thanks. Yes, I contacted my local dealer (German) and the master mechanic had said it needs a new cable fitted, quoted about €100.

A friend who has a mk2 VRS Blackline said the same dealer did his fog by computer at a cost of €40. So I'm feeling a little bit confused as I would have thought the mk3 was capable of this also?

Tourist mode? Is that available on non-xenon models? I havent been made aware of this and can't say I have noticed it. Will have a look into it.

The car is booked in tomorrow for a headlight change over from uk to continental as the dealer has informed me they are not flat beam-able.

Thanks for the advice, any help is greatly appreciated :)

Hi Andy, the German dealers charge the earth for changing the fog lights over, I'm A dab hand at changing the fog lights over on a Mk 2 (a simple cable) however, the Mk 3 is a different kettle of fish! I have a Mk 3 on order and I'm considering speaking to the dealer prior to the car's arrival to see if it can be carried out during the PDI. To late I know in your case but it might save a few people a few quid in future who require the fog light switch over, I'll keep you posted...

Regards

Richie

Thanks guys. Looks like I'm going to have to shell out the moolah.

Hopefully as you say Richie, it will save people money in the future.

Cheers silver1011, I thought just as much. I have a feeling it can be done by computer but my local dealer said it can't and wants to fit a cable.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure about that Nipani. Mine was a trip to the dealer to set both fogs to light up but I haven't got Xenons (which have tourist mode for the front headlights). Not sure if Xenons affect the rear fog. Hope this helps.

im based in Germany with the arny and I have had to get the dealer to put a cable in to change over the rear fog.

This was the same for my previous two yetis.

its annoying but no way round it.

im based in Germany with the arny and I have had to get the dealer to put a cable in to change over the rear fog.

This was the same for my previous two yetis.

its annoying but no way round it.

I paid for it the first time round, but the other two I did me self after being shown how to do it with a bit of wire etc. I don't know about my new Octy, but like I said in an earlier post I will try speaking to the dealer before collection to see if they'll do it... Hopefully for nothing of course! 

Regards

Richie

The tourist mode doesn't switch over the fogs on any of the VAG cars I've owned and I do not expect this to be any different as the contoller units are likely to be the same across all VAG models. Unlike the FL Octy 2 the dealers appear to be unable to switch them over via VAS either, and are just hard wiring.

At least you don't have to buy continental rear light clusters as has been the case on my Golf, Leon etc.

I paid for it the first time round, but the other two I did me self after being shown how to do it with a bit of wire etc. I don't know about my new Octy, but like I said in an earlier post I will try speaking to the dealer before collection to see if they'll do it... Hopefully for nothing of course!

Regards

Richie

the last time it was done i was told that they had to use the vagcom type thingy as part of the change over...

On the old Fabia VRS I had the same problem.

You could as I did, run a cable from offside live feed fog-light, to the nearside rear light cluster.

Cable-end used a small speaker connector to push onto fog-light cluster connector.

Hey Presto, cheap permanent job.

Placed an in-line fuse in the live cable feed, just in case.

I'd hope they have thought of that along with tourist mode. Out of interest what did it cost you.

It was approximately 100 Euros for the rear fog to be hard wired (I think that is what they have done!). I had the front halogen headlights changed and rear fog hard wired at the same time. Total cost 400 Euros. The front headlights bought and fitted at the dealer were approximately 300 Euros.

Does coding to a European country not do it?

I assume that this is not yet possible. On mk2 FL the EEPROM contained the code which could only be re-coded by the dealer VAS and was not possible via vcds. As above, the dealers here are currently unable to switch over despite asking skoda cz for tech advice.

• 5 weeks later...
On the old Fabia VRS I had the same problem.

Do what I did, ran a cable from offside live feed fog-light, to the nearside rear light cluster.

Cable-end used a small speaker connector to push onto fog-light cluster connector.

Hey Presto, cheap permanent job.

Placed an in-line fuse in the live cable feed, just in case.

Ok picked up car over the weekend (and it's great!). Went to complete the following procedure this evening (as I have completed several times on Golfs, Leons, Octys etc) only to find that the connections are very different to that of previous generations of vag cars. Connections on the back of the individual bulb housings are sealed. Anyone completed a DIY for led cluster yet? Or can the dealers swap via computer? I don't really want to be splicing wires into a rear light cluster of a car that is 48 hours old.

Edited by Black_Sheep