Wiper blades?

Hi,

I decided to treat my MK1 to some new blades. Particularly the rear which misses a little bit of the screen.

I bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360389071146?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Now I find that the rear will not fit. The front wipers are what I would call 'normal' blade arms and it looks like the fronts will be OK with these blades, but do I have some sort of different rear blade arm to normal. If not, any ideas as how to get the rear fitted. That curved piece appears to be part of the blade arm.

TIA

IMG_1898_zpsf74b288d.jpg

The rear blade is a 16in curved, which is a Pain in the ass to find outside of Main Stealers.

I tried 6 different places before i gave up and went the Dealer.

Got 2... as the guy was nice and rounded the price down.

Straight Blades just refure to fit properly and will always miss a bit..

OEM part number is  - 1U6 955 425 A

As for the flat blades, im not sure, but i doubt that will fit without replacing the wiper arm too...

Well in fact I got that curved side plate off the blade. It does have a larger than usual side piece anyway, but still fits into that arm. it is just a push fit, not the u loop you normally see, as I have in the front.

I then found that I'd already bought a front set somewhere, and used those for now. The drivers side comes with a fitted spoiler and looked pretty similar to the one I replaced.

Similar problems here, with the exception that I've got the Estate, and boy, is that a pain. The ordinary universal wipers don't stick to the glass properly, and I don't feel like buying the GBP 15 original "Aero" option.

Well after using the wipers a little in the recent weather, the rear is not too bad. It does leave a little patch in the shape of an eye in the middle now and again, but I can live with that. Certainly better than what was originally there when I bought the car. I will look at other options for the next replacement

I have a aeroblade on the rear of mine which I think is curved. Its huge though, 19 inches I think? Clears the ENTIRE rear windscreen. Dunno why that stupid little piece of crap is fitted as standard.

Edited by yesiamtom