Rio Red Metallic

• 2 weeks later...

Skoda UK say that the sample colour cards will be sent out to dealers around the end of September. Probably too late for me to change my mind, so it looks like I'm living dangerously.

Since Rio Red cars are starting to be built next week, can those who see cars at the factory, ports or dealer try and grab a photo if they see one in the colour?

Arbury Skoda in Leamington have moved into new premises and they have as their paint samples painted spheres about 5 inches in diameter.

We phoned and asked if they had one in Rio Red which they said they did so we went over for a look as we were thinking of ordering it on a VRs estate...

The salesman last sunday couldn't find the official name for the sphere but I seemed to recall that Rio is code 6x6x (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) and that's what was on the bottom of it.

It's not a bright red metallic...it's not a high sparkle metallic like race blue, but quite a dense colour. We took both race blue and rio red out into the sunshine and the blue 'popped' in the light, the red just appeared dull in comparison.

The other half would describe it as brick red metallic, it's a bit brown....it's not burgundy...not like rosso brunello....it's nothing like corrida and it's nothing like it shows in the printed brochure!!!

Please don't make your decision on my description...but I would advise anyone to see it in the flesh before ordering it

• Like 1

Thanks Powderpuff, I've just nipped over to Arbury to take a look and get some photos.

I agree with you that it is a brick red and it has a gold metallic fleck in it. I also agree that it hasn't got much of a metallic effect to it.

post-48123-0-80120400-1378645710_thumb.jpg  post-48123-0-08174200-1378645772_thumb.jpg   post-48123-0-66988400-1378645803_thumb.jpg

The first picture is probably closest to the actual thing. I'll be interested to see how it looks over a larger area with creases and edges.

Spacenase, glad you're local enough to pop in to Arbury and have a look for yourself

Thanks. Interestingly Skoda UK rang back on Friday and seemed to think that the samples weren't available yet. I did say to Arbury that it looked like they were one of the first to get it.

The metallic effect is not as strong as I was hoping, especially after the Rapid Spaceback picture impressions, but having thought about it I'm still happy to have it on my Elegance. I'm looking forward to seeing it on an actual car now.

Edited by spacenase

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone taken delivery of a Rio Red car yet? Pics please if you have.

I've now got a confirmed build date (week 44 w/c 28th Oct) so not long to wait now.

Hi, I'm test driving the octavia tomorrow. I can't make my mind up about the rio red though and the dealer doesn't have the sample card yet. I have tried northampton and Milton Keynes. I like the look of the space back image a lot.

Has anyone that has seen the sample advise if the image of the space back looks accurate?

After becoming more and more concerned about Rio Red I went to see my dealer - I was literally considering cancelling my order until I was able to physically see an Octavia in my chosen colour. However, they suggested I allow the car to be built/delivered and, if I really don't like it, that they will keep the car and I can order another

Pretty decent of them, I think. I know they'll be able to sell a VRS without too much hassle, and that my part exchange value will decrease, but I'm happy with that and no longer worried!

And tonight I received an email from my dealer to say that the car is built, and at Emden awaiting shipping.

Getting pretty excited now!

After becoming more and more concerned about Rio Red I went to see my dealer - I was literally considering cancelling my order until I was able to physically see an Octavia in my chosen colour. However, they suggested I allow the car to be built/delivered and, if I really don't like it, that they will keep the car and I can order another

Pretty decent of them, I think. I know they'll be able to sell a VRS without too much hassle, and that my part exchange value will decrease, but I'm happy with that and no longer worried!

And tonight I received an email from my dealer to say that the car is built, and at Emden awaiting shipping.

Getting pretty excited now!

Shouldn't be long now pal, took mine 9 days from Emden to Lillyhall.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike, just hope I like the colour! Are you impressed with your car? What colour did you go for?

I'll let you know later, I'm collecting it at 12 today and the sun has finally just come out ;-)

I was the same when I opted for Meteor Grey as I had not seen it in the 'flesh' and on line pics were inconsistent at best. I was about to change the colour when I seen a Fabia in Meteor Grey at the dealers and I must say the colour looks even better on the Octavia so I'm happy that my gamble payed off :-)

Hope you like yours as much pal

• Like 1

I'll let you know later, I'm collecting it at 12 today and the sun has finally just come out ;-)

I was the same when I opted for Meteor Grey as I had not seen it in the 'flesh' and on line pics were inconsistent at best. I was about to change the colour when I seen a Fabia in Meteor Grey at the dealers and I must say the colour looks even better on the Octavia so I'm happy that my gamble payed off :-)

Hope you like yours as much pal

I might see you around your only down the road from us