Steering Wheel Clean

MattH

So I saw the post on here about cleaning the steering wheel to get rid of the shiny surface dirt and grease.

I looked in my local Tesco and Asda for the Mr Clean Magic Sponge that people had suggested on her but I couldn't find it anywhere.

After asking Asda customer services, the lady advised me that she got an identical item from the local Poundshop.

I popped into the Poundshop today and picked up this:

null-10.jpg

Used a bucket with cold water and a towel.

Result:

null-9.jpg

• Like 1

Buy a bottle of Poorboy's Leather Stuff and use it in a spray bottle diluted with water if you want a matte finish (I use 1:9), or use it undiluted if you want a shiny finish. It cleans very well and adds a good protection - and it makes your car smell like new again :) . Besides, a little goes a very long way. Spray it on and buff with a good MF cloth. It's very easy to work with.

Edited by Kent (DK)

Pictures of my wheel as it looks with regular treatments with Poorboy's Leather Stuff (which also has UV blockers):

IMG_0663-M_zpsc6991fec.jpg

IMG_0650-M_zps07996bee.jpg

IMG_0633-M_zps868b2a4a.jpg

It feels soft, good and not slippery or greazy at all - not even right after the application/treatment. But it is obvious, that it is well protected - which is good.

(IF you spot the unusual bit on those pictures.... check out this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/271207-chrome-trim-on-the-steering-wheel/ )

Edited by Kent (DK)