Octavia vRS Xtreme Alloys - prices announced (sort of)

Why are these not a factory fit option? Restricted supply or group politics not allowing Skoda to fit 19in wheels at the factory?

I would suspect that it might be due to the 19" wheel increasing the CO2 level.

This would only be a problem if the car is supplied with them as factory fit, as the revised CO2 level would have to be declared.

Once the car is sold, then if bigger wheels which chane CO2 are fitted, the declared CO2 for that model still remains.

John.

• Like 1

2k, well £990 for wheels, get tyres from camskill £150 each, sell standard 18 inch tyres £300-£400 back, try sell standard wheels £400-£600 back.

I think you're being a bit optimistic with the "sell back" pricing tbh..

You're more likely to get 500-600 for both the wheels AND tyres sold together, so the xtreme upgrade will cost you around a grand subject to what brand of tyre you want.

Well maybe so but still better than nothing, But rather pay £1000 than £1600 for the wheels. I should get £300-£350 for the tyres as it will come with conti's or dunlops.

Im looking at get contisportcontact 5's, £150 each

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they look very good when sat in a box but once on the car IMO it transforms the look.

Just a shame its not a factory fit option. Dealers should offer some Winter Wheels option where if you get the 19's you can get winter tyres on the factory wheels.

• Like 1

Personally I think they look ace on the car and much better than the standard wheels that look way too small for the carezyna9e3.jpgpa8yry5y.jpg

I agree with you pal, they look sweet!

Just a shame on the cost and with them not being a factory option :-(

• Like 1

I've driven that EXACT car. It is Stuart, the sales managers at Beadle's demo.  Looks ace, but the ride is a bit jiggly imo.  Still, for £200 a wheel, I might be tempted by a set.

I've driven that EXACT car. It is Stuart, the sales managers at Beadle's demo. Looks ace, but the ride is a bit jiggly imo. Still, for £200 a wheel, I might be tempted by a set.

It is plus tyres too :) but in my opinion well worth it just to be different to everyone else

Got a quote for tyres today at £217 each for michelins. So the package is about £1900...

Bickerton skoda £203 or £207 each for wheels so around £1500 all in

Www.camskill.co.uk

Continentals £151 each

Michelins if i remember correctly £175 each plus fitting.