Extra stowage

Having lost the stowage under my passenger seat to ICE components, I was surprised to find that the underseat boxes are available for both seats.

Fitting was a doddle, but be warned that a 6-point T50 Torx bit can chew up the head of the seat runner bolts - a 12-point tool is much better (I borrowed one from my friendly dealer).

If you want to add the driver's side box, you will need:

1 off 6Y0881578A 47H stowage box, and

1 off 6Y0881333 screw. (The box needs 4 screws, but you already have 3 of them).

All for the princely sum of

6-point T50 Torx bit can chew up the head of the seat runner bolts - a 12-point tool is much better

Youll find thats because the bolt is a M10 multi spline bolt and not a torx fixing, sort of like trying to undo a phillips crosshead with a flat blade, might just work but wont do it up again.

Note seat bolts should be replaced when removed.

Some cars have two boxes as std, but as yet I havent actually worked out why.

Note seat bolts should be replaced when removed.

How important is this? I've taken my seats out several times for ICE cables etc and used the original bolts. Getting worried now :(

BTW is it less than

My Furby has the changer on the passenger side, and had the storage thing under my seat (standard)

Bu99er! Wish I'd known that at the time I ordered mine - the changer in my boot really gets in the way sometimes, and I only put a non-OEM one in as I thought I'd have to give up the under-seat storage box! :doh:

Damn and blast!

:D:D:D

Just to clarify -

Storage box on driver side, CD Changer on passenger side (no storage box there). That's probably what you meant anyway but just in case :)

The big benefit of your setup is probably going to be the sound quality though :D

As for the height adjust - nope that's fine as the vRS has this box as standard (and it is height adjustable :) )

huh? only the drivers seat is height adjustable and the vrs doesnt have a storage box under the drivers seat as standard???

yes it does, see my post.

Passenger side: cd changer (option). Have a feeling that if you don't order it you'd get the storage unit.

Driver side: storage unit (standard). Height adjustable seat (standard).

05 reg Fabia vRS - ordered end Dec 04.

yes it does' date=' see my post.

Passenger side: cd changer (option). Have a feeling that if you don't order it you'd get the storage unit.

Driver side: storage unit (standard). Height adjustable seat (standard).

05 reg Fabia vRS - ordered end Dec 04.[/quote']

I also have a Cd changer under the passenger seat and storage compartment under the drivers. My car is an 04. I guess we were the lucky ones that don't have to retrofit this item. :)

Des