Dashboard illumination ?

Hi I'm new to the forum and have just ordered my new vRS on friday. I test drove the car twice in daylight and didn't think to see what colour the dashboard lights are and just wondered if somebody could tell me what colour they are.

I know that they are mostly green however I seem to recall somebody telling me that the needles on the speedo and rev counter are red?

If anybody has a pic of the dash at night time I would like to see it so I can go out and get a head unit that matches :D

I still like the blue VW ones, but would imagine them to be harder to look at over long periods. The Furby ones are nothing special but are very easy on the eyes at night.

Hi, thanks for your answers.

My Current car is a VW Polo with Blue Dash lights and it does look nice but it can get a little harsh on the eyes if you are little tired and to be honest now I think about it the blue isnt as nice as I used to think it was. I think given that the vRS logo features green and red the dash lights are appopriate, although all red would look better probably.

Hi I'm new to the forum and have just ordered my new vRS on friday. I test drove the car twice in daylight and didn't think to see what colour the dashboard lights are and just wondered if somebody could tell me what colour they are.

I know that they are mostly green however I seem to recall somebody telling me that the needles on the speedo and rev counter are red?

If anybody has a pic of the dash at night time I would like to see it so I can go out and get a head unit that matches :D

I have the same question. I ordered mine in May.

1. Any pictures of the dash at night?

2. How long were you quoted for delivery?

I have the same question. I ordered mine in May.

1. Any pictures of the dash at night?

2. How long were you quoted for delivery?

Hi I was quoted a delivery time of around 8 weeks although the dealer thought he could get one sooner. I have placed a factory order as I am not in a position to take the new car for two months anyway so i am hoping to get mine at the beginning of September.

Yes, its a lovely shade of green with red needles, looks very cool and chilled at night,Beautiful!

I find the instruments rather dark during the daytime, so often drive around with the sidelights on in order to illuminate the needles!

Look at me trapsing outside in the rain to take pics of my interior... :rolleyes:

They haven't come out to well, but you get the idea!

The vRS needles are red??? Wow you guys are so lucky! :( I want red needles too.

I must say that the Fabia interior illumination in general is really great. The dash is simple and clear without looking harsh. The dials are always readable with just a quick glimpse, and look oh so classy! I particularly like the christmas tree effect when you first turn the ignition on!

My pics really don't do it justice... :sad:

I also love the puddle lights that illuminate the sides of the seats when you unlock the car. I really want to replicate the front illumination in the back... One day... ;)

Whoops - just realised 3 things about my piccy!

1) The front fogs are on. I cannot tolerate drivers who use them irresponsibly! I tried to do a "christmas tree pic" and accidently left them on :o

2) I have now done 7000 miles! Fook, its only 2 months old.

3) Average mpg :eek: . must have been just a wee trip to the local shop!

:rofl:

Thanks for the pics!! Now I can plan on which head unit to go for :D

I am quite set on one of the Alpine iPod ready ones. Might start a new topic in the ICE forum see what the general opinion is.

Thanks for the pics!! Now I can plan on which head unit to go for :D

I am quite set on one of the Alpine iPod ready ones. Might start a new topic in the ICE forum see what the general opinion is.

Might I suggest the Pioneer DEH-7700MP like I have in mine... (See pics). Really nicely specced unit! Sounds fab, and only cost me

I have a similar Pioneer in my VW and agree they sound great, the only thing I dont like is that they don't sit very flush with the dash. This time round I'm looking for an HU that meets all my sonic and visual requirements.

Couldn't agree more, as you'll probably have noticed in my many posts regarding it! Ah well, you can't have everything. I like the features etc of the Alpine units, they sit flush but are quite fiddly to set up. :thumbdwn:

Couldn't agree more, as you'll probably have noticed in my many posts regarding it! Ah well, you can't have everything. I like the features etc of the Alpine units, they sit flush but are quite fiddly to set up. :thumbdwn:

I like fiddly ..... means nobody but me knows how to change tracks :thumbup:

I find the instruments rather dark during the daytime, so often drive around with the sidelights on in order to illuminate the needles!

You can do a simple mod to the panel lights so they are lit when the ignition is turned on. If anyone is interested I'll post details.

Yes please

I'm assuming that all Fabias have the following layout. I've done the mod on my wife's 100bhp pdi Elegance. It takes longer to describe than to do!

1) Carefully prise out the panel that contains the headlight levelling and panel light dimmer switch. I use a blunted and rounded off screwdriver for plastic bits like this. It should come out quite easily if you lever out from the bottom first. The main lighting switch is left behind but the dimmer switch etc. comes out attached to the plastic panel.

2) You should find a bunch of wires taped together going into the back of multi plugs attached to the two switches. Carefully cut the tape back with a Stanley knife so that the individual cables can be separated. Don't mix up the two switches, you should find a grey wire and a grey/blue wire going into the back of the dimmer switch. Use a test lamp or a multimeter and you should find that the grey wire is live at full voltage when the lights are switched on and that the grey/blue wire voltage varies with the position of the dimmer switch.

3) If everything is as above cut the grey wire about 40mm back from the multi plug. Attach about 300mm of new cable to the 40mm grey cable stub preferably by soldering and insulating or you could use a skotchlok connector or insulated screw connector. Carefully insulate the other end of the grey cable that you cut.

4) Take the cover off the fuse box at the end of the fascia and feed your new wire through any convenient hole and bring it to the front of the fuse block. Using your test lamp/multimeter find any fuse that is only live with the ignition and engine on. All I did was to pull this fuse out, strip back about 20mm of the wire's insulation, push this wire into the downstream slot of the fuse holder and then push the fuse back in. If the wire's not too thick the fuse leg will hold it securely. It's important that you connect to the correct side of the fuse so that the fuse protects your new 'circuit'. It would probably be better to skotchlock into an ignition controlled cable behind the fuse block but it's quite difficult to get at.

5) Check before pushing the panels back into place that the dashboard illumination comes on with the ignition and that the dimmer switch is working normally.

If the wiring colours and/or switches differ on other Fabias please post the differences on the forum.

I'm assuming that all Fabias have the following layout. I've done the mod on my wife's 100bhp pdi Elegance. It takes longer to describe than to do!

1) Carefully prise out the panel that contains the headlight levelling and panel light dimmer switch. I use a blunted and rounded off screwdriver for plastic bits like this. It should come out quite easily if you lever out from the bottom first. The main lighting switch is left behind but the dimmer switch etc. comes out attached to the plastic panel.

2) You should find a bunch of wires taped together going into the back of multi plugs attached to the two switches. Carefully cut the tape back with a Stanley knife so that the individual cables can be separated. Don't mix up the two switches' date=' you should find a grey wire and a grey/blue wire going into the back of the dimmer switch. Use a test lamp or a multimeter and you should find that the grey wire is live at full voltage when the lights are switched on and that the grey/blue wire voltage varies with the position of the dimmer switch.

3) If everything is as above cut the grey wire about 40mm back from the multi plug. Attach about 300mm of new cable to the 40mm grey cable stub preferably by soldering and insulating or you could use a skotchlok connector or insulated screw connector. Carefully insulate the other end of the grey cable that you cut.

4) Take the cover off the fuse box at the end of the fascia and feed your new wire through any convenient hole and bring it to the front of the fuse block. Using your test lamp/multimeter find any fuse that is only live with the ignition and engine on. All I did was to pull this fuse out, strip back about 20mm of the wire's insulation, push this wire into the downstream slot of the fuse holder and then push the fuse back in. If the wire's not too thick the fuse leg will hold it securely. It's important that you connect to the correct side of the fuse so that the fuse protects your new 'circuit'. It would probably be better to skotchlock into an ignition controlled cable behind the fuse block but it's quite difficult to get at.

5) Check before pushing the panels back into place that the dashboard illumination comes on with the ignition and that the dimmer switch is working normally.

If the wiring colours and/or switches differ on other Fabias please post the differences on the forum.[/quote']

Ruddy Hell !!!!LOL LOL

Thanks mate !!