Anyone looking at aftermarket 19"s?

Given that the OE xtreme wheels are looking pricey, anyone looking at aftermarket instead?

I think the xtreme's look good, but i'd hazard a guess that they're going to be heavy (anyone confirm?) and there are nicer looking/quality wheels out there for similar or not much more ££.

I just did a quick and dirty photoshop of some BBS CH-R and I think it looks great;

9468910263_b40080bd88_o.jpg

I'm at least a year to 18 months away from even considering placing an order btw - just playing around with "what-if".. :)

• Like 2

If u upgrade ur alloys wether it be skoda or another ur meant to tellurium ins co!!!

That said ur prob £20 a year lol

I like these a lot...But probably not worth it as these are not the factory ones and your insurance will go up if you fit these to the car... :sweat:

Nope, I quite like my spine.

+1

Was going to consider them when I am in the market for a new vehicle - liked the idea and look. Then decided that the spine and attacked skeleton pieces are probably more valuable to me than the overall look of the vehicle.

Second that, I'm worried if the change to 19s would suddenly ruin the ride, doesn't say much for it on 18s

My 10-plate VRS was fitted with coilovers AND 19" alloys and there was nothing wrong with the ride. You are all a bunch of wooses.

Iv gone for the 19 xtreme alloys, did consider some rotiform 19" but

1) thought the aftermarket ones will look dated sooner in my opinion that the oem

2) I'm getting 20% knocked off of the xtreme making them £200 cheaper than decent aftermarket wheels

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

ok, so if any of you dudes are interested i did another photoshop this morning. I'm liking the meteor grey more and more, but i think it needs gloss black wheels.

I did a few options but this one i my fav I think. The wheel is the SEAT cupra R 19" 'potenza' with a mild drop.

11529784923_e9f3b0564f_b.jpg

Opinions?

I'm still at least 12 months off needing to order my next car so i'm a long way off still. . could be something like this or maybe just say bo11ocks to practicality and sensible decisions and get a golf R :)

I'm liking the meteor grey more and more, but i think it needs gloss black wheels.

Rather you than me............I'm thinking it will turn into one of those 'hard to sell on' colours  :(

Spotted your pic on flickr before I spotted it on here Rob, but I thought the grey wasn't an option for the MK3 anymore?

Hadn't heard that? Just checked - it's still on the skoda uk configurator. Anyone know for sure?

I think meteor is the best colour if you want to be a bit different - otherwise it'll be another candy white (or maybe black)..

• Like 1

ok, so if any of you dudes are interested i did another photoshop this morning. I'm liking the meteor grey more and more, but i think it needs gloss black wheels.

I did a few options but this one i my fav I think. The wheel is the SEAT cupra R 19" 'potenza' with a mild drop.

11529784923_e9f3b0564f_b.jpg

Opinions?

I'm still at least 12 months off needing to order my next car so i'm a long way off still. . could be something like this or maybe just say bo11ocks to practicality and sensible decisions and get a golf R :)

Any chance you could show gloss black Pictoris 18's on that car? Please!

if you get find a good quality, straight on pic of some pictoris in black then yes i can.  

i did a very quick mockup (not happy with it but you get the general idea):

original:

Skoda-Octavia_Combi_RS_2014_photo_01.jpg

Skoda-Octavia_Combi_RS_2014_photo_01edit

if you get find a good quality, straight on pic of some pictoris in black then yes i can.

i did a very quick mockup (not happy with it but you get the general idea):

original:

Skoda-Octavia_Combi_RS_2014_photo_01.jpg

Skoda-Octavia_Combi_RS_2014_photo_01edit

That's great thanks. Might have to get mine painted black!