What made you smile whilst driving?

sparks03

Many moons ago driving a truck I was distracted by a young lady taking full advantage of the hot weather. I must have admired her a little longer than I should as I hadn’t noticed the car in front stop at a pedestrian crossing. I locked up the brakes, the guy crossing the road looked at the truck, then the car, the truck again before deciding to give it legs up the road. In what felt like slow motion I hit the back of the car hard enough to push the boot in. 

• Haha 1

Is it just me, but does this week being Half Term make it even worse?

I find myself admiring some attractive rear view, then on drawing level suddenly realising that I have granddaughters older than the 12 - 15 year old in Daisy Dukes jiggling down the street.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

Many moons ago driving a truck I was distracted by a young lady taking full advantage of the hot weather. I must have admired her a little longer than I should as I hadn’t noticed the car in front stop at a pedestrian crossing. I locked up the brakes, the guy crossing the road looked at the truck, then the car, the truck again before deciding to give it legs up the road. In what felt like slow motion I hit the back of the car hard enough to push the boot in. 

Was it worth it? Did she come over and help, giving you her number as a witness n tellin you to call her? 

Nah. Never that bloody good is it :D 

1 hour ago, BJM said:

I find myself admiring some attractive rear view, then on drawing level suddenly realising that I have granddaughters older than the 12 - 15 year old in Daisy Dukes jiggling down the street.

Its awful. You Probably shouldnt admit that though :D  

had it the other way last week. Admirring something as im drivin through town, looked pretty good. Got closer n she turned round, must of been about 300 years old. Fecckkk. 

She must of been gyming though :D 

I don't have a problem with the 1940's / 1950's / 1960's.

It's the 1914's that make me all embarrassed with myself  :blush:

1 hour ago, fabiamk2SE said:

Was it worth it? Did she come over and help, giving you her number as a witness n tellin you to call her? 

Nah. Never that bloody good is it :D 

She was way too cool for that and just walked on thinking what an anchor or something sounding like. 

• Haha 1

On 01/06/2018 at 09:04, BJM said:

It could easily get a guy in serious trouble.

Our Polish next door neighbours' daughter is 13 and quite tall for her age. She started secondary school last sept and discovered make up etc at the same time. She could easily pass for 16/17 yrs old with little effort and some poor 17/18 yr old lad end up in a courtroom.. because, tbf, if i was 13-16 and had a smidge of confidence id try my luck. That is a really important IF in that statement btw... it is a purely hypothetical scenario being outlined. 

But its the kind of thing that does make the passing glance on a footpath fraught with potential danger..

On my favourite driving road in fife, first time in the Skoda and first time with it being lowered and first time driving it the other way, and pushing it all within the speed limits and feeling confident while listening to the Beatles!

Davy

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RobClubley said:

When a bloke in a mint 1968 Impala ran a red light to catch up with me and tell me how awesome my urquattro looked :D

Rusty has been worth the effort just for that moment :D

Again driving back from fife to edinburgh along the coast with my manual air con ( windows open as base model has no air con aka schoolboy error) and car returns 60 mpg and is currently looking look a 500 mile tank and thinking I made the right choice with a 1.0 petrol!

Davy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@CWARD i had similar last week.

Cruising down the motorway, and a squad car joined from a slip road. Suddenly everyone forgot what speed is allowed on the motorway, and that you are allowed overtake a patrol car if its sitting behind a lorry... the squad only went 2miles and pulled onto one of their speed trap ramps, but noone dared do anything but clog the lanes up for ages.

Ended up with the 3-5 morons id usually meet individually, all in a queue, noone would pull into the other lanes. Got to the toll plaza and the 2 main spanners went for the tag lane, as did i. 

But, moron 2 was so far up moron 1's boot the barriers stayed down. They had to chuck a left into the regular barriers, along with morons 3-5. I had left enough space that the barriers popped for me and on i went, left all 5 idiots to slog it out without me..

• Like 1

On the M25 this morning guy yapping away on phone the white BMW 3 in front of me pulls in front of him LED signs pops up with the words “police, pull over for some points on your licence” Thames Valley Poluce cops have humour 8-)

• Haha 4

@KenONeill ive bopped past them doing an indicated 132kph (120kph/75mph limit on our motorways)  which in real world is about 122 based on my calculation of speedo error, while they be cruising along at 110. They dont bother unless your doing over 140kph or acting the gobsheen. But poeple just lose the ability to drive as soon as they spot a squad!

Sold the wife’s BMW 120 coupe today via Tootle for the price we wanted. Small dealer who’d traveled up from Norwich praised the condition of the car and the extensive documentation for it. Easiest sale I’ve done and much better offers than WBAC and no tyre kickers. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Got clocked at 188kph on my way home from dublin yesterday!

Why am i smiling ?

I was doing 55kph at the time in an urban area. The clocking was one of those "your speed is" signposts thats clearly broken.... again...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 8 months later...

A smile today....

Driving home from the office, only my 4th time doing it since i got the new Octy.

Indicated fuel consumption for my 43km journey...

Avg speed 64kph

4.3l/100km.

Range when i got home... 600km

Distance since last fill up.. 474km

Tank range 1074km!

How could that not make you smile?

Only way i couldve gotten that in the in****nia is if it was only downhill continuously, with no turning or braking.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mac11irl said:

A smile today....

Driving home from the office, only my 4th time doing it since i got the new Octy.

Indicated fuel consumption for my 43km journey...

Avg speed 64kph

4.3l/100km.

Range when i got home... 600km

Distance since last fill up.. 474km

Tank range 1074km!

How could that not make you smile?

Only way i couldve gotten that in the in****nia is if it was only downhill continuously, with no turning or braking.....

You forgot to add with the engine off as well.:tongueout:

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Clouds.

Driving home after another ****ty night shift just now in daylight, 

I was pretty much able to track the thermal currents and watch the clouds forming from the rising warm damp air... 18deg at 530am...

And the cloud formations rolling in those (somewhat rare here) big curved waves almost like a vaulted ceiling for miles. It was strangely lovely to look at :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On the way to the shops yesterday, Linkin Park "Crawling" got played on the Amundsen's sd card shuffle mode. 

Spud liked it.. made me put it on repeat..

Made me put it on repeat again today going to and from swimming class, and told me to be quiet when i started singing along :D

• Like 1