Roomster Special Edition

Keitht

Picked up this morning - no chance to take any photos yet.

On the whole, I'm absolutely delighted. Since the offer effectively meant buying from stock, I did wonder whether it might have been sitting around for a while and so e.g. not have the new steering wheel introduced in week 45 last year - but no, it was built in week 3 this year apparently so came straight from the factory.

My only gripe is that in fixing the rear number plate, someone at the dealers must have slipped with the screwdriver and has left a deep and very noticeable curved scratch in the tailgate which thankfully I spotted before driving away. They will repair it but might need a partial respray because it's down to bare metal. I realise of course that this sort of thing (and much worse!) happens all the time with new cars but I would rather that they'd noticed it and sorted it beforehand without me knowing...

No question of rejecting it though - stepping up from a Felicia I feel like I've won the lottery and bought a supercar!

Edited by Midvillesb
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Awaiting my SE Special Edition, (Shark Blue) delivery expected in a month.  Anything I should look out for?  Looking forward to the car... how does the 86 BHP engine go?  Whats the MPG when run in?  Thanks for all views..

The only problem I've had so far (other than the scratch which the dealer sorted out almost immediately) is the lower glovebox light which stayed on all the time the car was running and the heat fused together the packet of hard gums I had in the upper box! Seems like it's a common fault - for the time being I've just removed the bulb.

At 600 miles of mixed driving so far, mpg is mid-40s (have yet to calculate the actual brim to brim figure but got over 500 miles from the first full tank) - I'm hoping it will improve a bit.

The only problem I've had so far .. is the lower glovebox light which stayed on all the time the car was running and the heat fused together the packet of hard gums I had in the upper box! Seems like it's a common fault - for the time being I've just removed the bulb.

Ditto!  Except melted Mars Bar!

Also had a sensor fail in the DPF - won't worry petrol owners though!

Picked mine up today after waiting a few weeks due to being away.  Noted a tight engine, obviously, but local driving seems pretty good for the 86 engine .  Before I picked it up I had the loan of a rapid for two days with the 105 1.2 TSI engine,  so I went from the 105 straight to a 86 power engine.

It has not got the urge of the '105' monte carlo tsi  that I chopped in, but it compensates for  this by being a far  better ride.  No sports suspension and low profile tyres, and the extra  room :hi:  makes it what it is,. 

It pulled well up the hills and is by no means 'flat' or a slouch.and i am hopeful that when the engine beds in and loosens up it will be even better.  Time will tell, but for a load carrier it will be great :rofl:

Edited by Trotts

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Being new I notice some elements of this topic relate to our new SE. Collected 1st of March so a 14. Priced at £9990 - which after a test drive sold us the car. Looks like an SE 85 hp (Why PS which is just German for HP and the values are virtually the same). Colour was Blue or Silver so went for silver. would not have been a first choice, but at the price we paid was not a deal breaker. Used to it now so obviously only a non issue. It was already built, but in Holland still when we ordered. Not being exactly sure what we were getting but were surprised to find glass room and rear 'harem' windows. (note: worked in Middle East and darkened rear windows hide the harem - honest). Spec. seems to be a genuine SE, nothing missing.

We bought it for the 'room' and are not disappointed. Has adjustable height seats and reversing sensors. So far no problems and it seems to be  all that we wanted. Bought a spare wheel, which is full size, not sure if on alloy or steel wheel. Also rubber mats and door protection trim plus a posh preparation. That last meant we got this big bag of cleaning goodies. As we are not regular sunday car cleaners will probably be with it when we trade it in. Possibly in ten years time on previous car ownership form.

Generally very pleased with the car. Had a Yaris before and only moved from Toyota as they have nothing of the type we wanted. At one time they made a Yaris Verso, which looked a bit like a Roomster but dropped it years ago. Their loss.

Edited by wahiba

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Another 'special edition' buyer! We put a deposit down on a silver one yesterday.  We've already got an Octavia estate that we've been really pleased with, but were looking for something to replace our ageing Renault Kangoo MPV.  The difference between driving the Kangoo and Roomster is like going from...er...and old French van to a Rolls Royce - we couldn't get over how quiet and comfy the Roomster is, but with just as much, if not more, practicality than the Kang. 

The car is already at the dealers (they got 4 in a couple of weeks ago, but sold two on Sat). I can see why they're going quickly - I thought there had to be some catch, but apart from the restricted colour choice, it's an SE...but £4k cheaper!! The wife prefers the Roomster's in darker colours, but when she found out the price difference, silver was suddenly not a problem;)

Can't wait to pick it up now:)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...