National Service Bill 2013-2014?

theezenutz

Yes in the Navy the RAF are known as the flying cival servants. They get much nicer accomodation etc on their bases. Still the piolots do a job I wouldn't fancy.

Certainly was 5 star accommodation compared to the army. That's why I volunteered for any tours on RAF airfields especially in Germany
  • Like 1

Have we got far yet with the Government stopping truancy from schools?

& how far on are we with that all were going to have to stay on at school untill they were 18 years old,

not even getting to leave if they did have an Apprenticeship, Training or a job lined up.

Lets get Vocational training available to all from 15 years old if they want it.

& lets get the Retirement age at the age people chose to retire and get jobs available for people from 16-65 if the want.

Also lets have UK Politicians required by law to 'Take a Break' from Politics maybe every 5 years for a minimum 3 years, & stop being publicly funded for years or whole working lifes and beyond, and let them get into the Real World again.

50 year Career Politicians are a dangerous thing.

re Military & Officers & Superiors,

& maybe ability should be more important than class and education establishments gone to.

The other day i was watching Winston Churchills  Grandson on TV.

A Young man and a Retired Captain.

He might have been a great soldier, not sure if that is a speech impediment he had, or just a bull in his mouth,

but i could not understand a word he said, even watching his lips move in a TV studio,

i hope the troops under him did or it must have been very scary while he commanded anything.

I wondered if he was ever allowed to use Coms.

george

• Like 1

I read a good interview with David Steel recently where he bemoaned the fact that when he joined parliament there were people there who'd had real jobs whereas now they are all career politicians with no real life experience. He then went on to admit that he was one of the first to go direct to parliament with no real life experience.

Pot, kettle, colour check  :rofl:

• Like 2

Have we got far yet with the Government stopping truancy from schools?

& how far on are we with that all were going to have to stay on at school untill they were 18 years old,

not even getting to leave if they did have an Apprenticeship, Training or a job lined up.

Lets get Vocational training available to all from 15 years old if they want it.

& lets get the Retirement age at the age people chose to retire and get jobs available for people from 16-65 if the want.

Also lets have UK Politicians required by law to 'Take a Break' from Politics maybe every 5 years for a minimum 3 years, & stop being publicly funded for years or whole working lifes and beyond, and let them get into the Real World again.

50 year Career Politicians are a dangerous thing.

re Military & Officers & Superiors,

& maybe ability should be more important than class and education establishments gone to.

The other day i was watching Winston Churchills  Grandson on TV.

A Young man and a Retired Captain.

He might have been a great soldier, not sure if that is a speech impediment he had, or just a bull in his mouth,

but i could not understand a word he said, even watching his lips move in a TV studio,

i hope the troops under him did or it must have been very scary while he commanded anything.

I wondered if he was ever allowed to use Coms.

george

What you have said about officers does not really reflect the modern situation.  Yes in most cases to be considered for officer tarining you need to hold a decent level of education.  That is now almost universal in all areas of 'Professional' level employment.  However you do not need to be from a rich background.  The army is still probably the most class conscious with the Navy the least (Navy really never has been).  Ordinary service people can and do get the chance for commision if they have the needed characteristics.  My brother-in -law left school at 16, joined the Navy as a rating.  Rose to the rate of Petty Officer (like seargent in army) and then got selected for Officer selection.  He is now a Lieutenant (equivalent to Captain in the army) and is expecting to be promoted to Lt Commander soon.  While in the Navy he was sponsered to carry oout a part time degree in aeronautical engineering from which he graduated with a 1st class honours degree.  I hate to see people knocking our armed forces.

I am sure that is all very true. Lots of us will have family who are or have been if the services.

All very commendable.

Just not aware of many young people from a privileged background, maybe with a title, but not much of a brain,

that goes and joins the British/Commonwealth armed forces.

and just into the ranks, basic training then in and just has a normal military career be it in any of the services.

Senior Service or not.

Or in the Police or Fire Services, or even the AA the 4 Emergency service.

Someone maybe knows of one.

Bound to be a young Lord or Barron some place with the rank of Private, or just a Rating, stays as a non Commissioned Officer,

even in the TA or Reserves.

george

Sorry, but I'm sick of hearing how it's always the fault of somebody in Westminster (many of whom are not the English that get blamed).

When any group who blames them don't have them to blame what will they do?

No need to apologize. But if I understood your last sentence correctly. Perhaps maybe we'd, as someone else has put it) get back to living in harmony with one in other.

Just in case anyone has misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

It's not that this is going to happen or not that's beside the point - It's being talked about. Wheels have been set in motion whether private bill or legislation. In OUR tax funded political system, in OUR tax funded public buildings by Our tax funded representatives.

We all have right to know about this, these are the types of issues that we should be told about. We/I shouldn't have to discover important issues like this through the internet, or alternative news sources. It should be discussed by the mainstream media, they have a responsibility to inform the public on important issues - truthfully.

It's not that this is going to happen or not that's beside the point - It's being talked about. Wheels have been set in motion whether private bill or legislation. In OUR tax funded political system, in OUR tax funded public buildings by Our tax funded representatives.

We all have right to know about this, these are the types of issues that we should be told about. We/I shouldn't have to discover important issues like this through the internet, or alternative news sources. It should be discussed by the mainstream media, they have a responsibility to inform the public on important issues - truthfully.

You appear to have lost touch with reality.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 

the media report things truthfully? That'll be the day.  

But that is just the funny thing about it All. Most people to some point or degree already know with in themselves, that these structures/institutions don't really have our best interest at heart - that's the part that baffles me. When you try to present information against these very structures, people end up protecting the very structures/institutions that they know in their core or read hear about everyday continuously doing bad things against them, their family's and friends.

Not for much longer I say

Edited by theezenutz

Have you ever heard of Hansard?

Do you know what it is?

Have you realised that all discussions in Parliament are open, and even you as a member of the public can attend and listen?

Have you ever listened or watched the Parliamentary channels on TV and radio?

Do you know anything about the Parliamentary system?

Have you ever got of your bottom and bothered to find out the actual facts and not your stupid conspiracy theories?

Are you a complete idiot?

But you have provided no details about this private bill and none of us know what it's about. For all we know it old be about a national service bus timetable.

I really wish you would respond to the questions put too you instead of spouting sensationalist none sense. Either that or just leave to forum and go and fight you're one man misguided crusade.

But you have provided no details about this private bill and none of us know what it's about. For all we know it old be about a national service bus timetable.

I really wish you would respond to the questions put too you instead of spouting sensationalist none sense. Either that or just leave to forum and go and fight you're one man misguided crusade.

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2013-14/nationalservice.html

And that says nothing about what it's about. Can you provide more details proving its for armed forces service or not?

I've never stated it's for the armed services. What are you on about?

I've never stated it's for the armed services. What are you on about?

So if your not on about conscription into the armed forces then why did you link the YouTube clip in your OP all about armed forces services and several posts about how you don't want to serve in the military, or how about the video you posted calling armed forces personnel are the real terrorists?

You really are trolling now and I think this thread needs to be locked away before any more of your immature posts like this one quoted.

So if your not on about conscription into the armed forces then why did you link the YouTube clip in your OP all about armed forces services and several posts about how you don't want to serve in the military, or how about the video you posted calling armed forces personnel are the real terrorists?

You really are trolling now and I think this thread needs to be locked away before any more of your immature posts like this one quoted.

I was posing the question mate. I show videos and links of people posing the same questions, sharing their views,opinions, beliefs. I allow anyone else to express their opinions.

I don't however waste my time to launch a one-sided personal attack on any individual on this forum. I don't call them names and try to degrade them.

Focus on the topic and content, not the person/character or don't do anything.  

You make me laugh you hate it/me with a passion yet you're contributing to the post/view count. Doesn't make sense

Edited by theezenutz