MPGees

stooz

Hi all, just interested on what sort of MPG's people are getting? I track mine with an app (fuelio) but since I havent put any fuel in yet since the first fillup, im just going by the daily PiD screen.

I go through a small city and some country lanes, and so far get a daily 62mpg but last night went super smooth and got 72mpg ! :rock:

How accurate is the PiD/trip computer?

(Im in a Sport  BTW)

On a side note, boy is it hard to fill up! the pump clicks, but I can keep squeezing another 4 litres in the pipe as the bubbles go down.. The bpi still shows a range of 410 miles... it hasnt moved!! :giggle:

Well, despite the advertised promises, I get an average of 360 miles to a full tank which I equate to no better than 52 mpg ???

60 ps greentech manual.

Most of my journeys are less than 10 miles though.

Well, despite the advertised promises, I get an average of 360 miles to a full tank which I equate to no better than 52 mpg ???

60 ps greentech manual.

Most of my journeys are less than 10 miles though.

That' s the same for us :)

It is early days for me, as I have yet to use a full tank, but yesterday the PID calculated that I had averaged 62mpg on my return journey from home to work, which is made up of 3 miles of country A road, 10 miles of M-way and about 3 miles cross Belfast (a rather congested city).  Given that the engine is not run in I was very pleased with that.  However I do not know how accurate the PID is as certainly my other cars trip computers all slightly over estimated MPG.

The daily journey in my SEAT Mii SE ASG 75 is made up of similar elements to CitigoAli's and returns a similar figure on the PID, but using brim-to-brim fill-ups it equates to 56-57mpg real world over about 2,600 miles. I'm looking into getting my dealer to adjust the PID figure using their equivalent of VCDS; apparently it's possible to increase or decrease it in one-percentage-point increments. I'll keep you posted.

Edited by MiiMii

Best I ever get is around 65mpg that's going on the PID fuel display. I must add that's on a long m way trip doing mainly 70mph, if you keep below 70, say 60mph I reckon you could easily get over 70 mpg.

Also bear in mind that the display figures are not going to be accurate so allow - 10% discrepancy in real terms by filling up, use and filling up again, log your mileage. You will be suprised at the difference.

So on a long trip as above I reckon low to mid 50's. Push the right pedal hard and they drink the fuel, be a bit more gentle and you get good figures, like most cars really.

Mine is the 75 greentech 5 door.

Edited by MickA

Well nearly a year now - usually 400 miles to a tank most I have got is 430 miles

Mpg - usually in the 60's - work 5 miles there and back so usually 10-15 miles depending on which way

highest last week of 84mpg (mixture of roads, dual carriageway etc, upto 65 mph, about 10-15miles)

Elegance 75 greentech usually normal fuel shell or Bp, 84mpg using normal Esso

I've only done about 1350 miles, and have averaged just under 51 mpg, which I'm reasonably happy with, as it's been mostly short journeys. To put it in context, that's 2 mpg more than I averaged over 9,000 miles in the Smart Fortwo that I have just traded in.

I've just filled up, and it has done 54.8 mpg on the latest tankful. These are true calculated figures. I find the average mpg function on the trip computer to be optimistic by between 6 and 7 per cent.

My commute along the up and down part of the M27 for 19miles at around 75 with two miles either end on A roads gives me a steady 55mpg. However on B roads and keeping to near the limit we get around 65+ mpg. Although our Citigo has just done 2K so hoping for a little improvements

Shall see what we achieve on the way home! After pid told us about all the traffic but had no alternative routes ...

Dare not say what the top speed of a 60 bhp citygo is lol..... 50 mpg... We were either stationary in a q... Or making up time ;)

Wait ... You said it was less than that at the end.., 48 ?!

Had my Greentech Elegance 75 for 4 months now and 6500 miles covered.  Most of my driving is 60mph single/dual carriageway. MPG settled to around 68mpg, with highs up around 76mpg and lows of 61mpg (when I have a roof rack on).  I'm finding the PID very close to actual mpg (within 1 or 2 mpg usually).

Which ever way I look at it, it's very economical - especially compared to my previous Superb 3.6 V6 DSG 4x4 which averaged 27mpg!

Edited by Professor