close all windows on cardoor lock

No. Haven't tried that  :blush:

I'm very new to... newer cars.. so there's so much stuff I'm still trying to figure out... :-)

There should be a noob's guide to all things excellent in the new octy :-)

• Like 1

With cars these days. Your always finding new things that they do. We had ours four months before someone said "you can close the windows with your keyfob".

You can also turn this feature off in the Settings if you wish. I have left mine enabled, but I did turn it off in my previous car because one morning I went out to the car to find that all 4 windows were DOWN, presumably because I had pressed the unlock button for a long time while it was in my pocket. I think the feature is called "Convenience Closing / Opening".

one morning I went out to the car to find that all 4 windows were DOWN, presumably because I had pressed the unlock button for a long time while it was in my pocket.

I did that once on a Lexus I had. I woke one morning to find all of the windows and the sunroof open during a major downpour. :(

My neighbour said that they saw it but weren't sure whether to disturb me or not! :@

I took a while and some heat to dry it all out.

I did that once on a Lexus I had. I woke one morning to find all of the windows and the sunroof open during a major downpour. :(

My neighbour said that they saw it but weren't sure whether to disturb me or not! :@

I took a while and some heat to dry it all out.

If you have the rain sensor it should deal with this. Didn't work on mine though on the one occasion this has happened.

If you have the rain sensor it should deal with this. Didn't work on mine though on the one occasion this has happened.

It didn't work on mine, but I had that fixed by a friendly forum member with VCDS. Its just a checkbox.

It didn't work on mine, but I had that fixed by a friendly forum member with VCDS. Its just a checkbox.

Usually works on mine, but the one time the windows went down during the night they didn't self close in the torrential rain. The rain coming in did subsequently set the alarm off though?

You can also open/close all windows by pressing the unlock/lock button that is in the centre console. Took me 2 years to accidentally find that one.

I tried that in my Octy3 and it had no effect.  In the Octy3 it's a push/push button and I tried it after locking and unlocking and it did nothing.

Maybe it's a lock / unlock rocker in the FL?

I tried that in my Octy3 and it had no effect.  In the Octy3 it's a push/push button and I tried it after locking and unlocking and it did nothing.

Maybe it's a lock / unlock rocker in the FL?

Yes, its a rocker in the II.

in mk.III you can't use the middle button... But I tested the "hold lock/unlock" on the keyFOB and that works.. though you have to hold the button for quite some time... 4-7 seconds...

Oh... since we've got a thread going... what about autolock of the doors?

Say I'm a **** at remembering to lock the doors when I leave the car... I thought a nice new smart car would help me out and lock the doors after some time... is this not possible? I've seen sooooo many other cars do that... I have gone through settings for the car and nothing there is missing..?!

Oh... since we've got a thread going... what about autolock of the doors?

Say I'm a **** at remembering to lock the doors when I leave the car... I thought a nice new smart car would help me out and lock the doors after some time... is this not possible? I've seen sooooo many other cars do that... I have gone through settings for the car and nothing there is missing..?!

I am with you on that one.  I paid for KESSY assuming that it would work like my wife's current shape Megane - she walks away from the car and it locks when she is outside of its proximity range.  If I had known that I would have to use the key lock button or press a fiddly sensor on the drivers door handle (not even on the passenger side too), I would have saved my money.  Or had CANTON instead  :wonder:

Edited by Juniperz