The end is near

Gumby

If a diesel MK ii VRS had been available I am sure things would have been very different!

So, does this mean if you have a MK ii VRS it will now become more desirable as it will be rare? maybe?

• Like 1

If a diesel MK ii VRS had been available I am sure things would have been very different!

So, does this mean if you have a MK ii VRS it will now become more desirable as it will be rare? maybe?

Starting to feel like I own a piece of history now.  Shame, they could have done great things with a mkiii I reckon.  Hopefully a last hurrah is in order.

Interesting the car that's most like the mk1 Fabia VRS is blamed for killing off the Fabia VRS...

To me the Monte with the 1.6 diesel is more like the earlier VRS than the later one ever was.

So maybe they should have just carried on making a Fabia VRS using the recipe that was proved to be successful !!!

You have to wonder sometimes... :wonder:

our car gives great mpg, high 30's on the short town trips and long journeys are as good if not better than the diesel Yeti, on track it does about 17 mpg but what do you expect?

• Like 1

Hmm, not happy with that comment. "And anyway, if you really want a vRS, get an Octavia." 

Not the same at all...

Seems similar to a microsoft one recently about the Xbox One being an always one device...  before they back tracked.

This commetn isnt too bad.

"I have two concepts in my mind that aren't cabriolets or two-seater sportscars. But that is all I can say for now."

So I will probably try and grab another Fab VRS in Jan when my contract is up, then see what happens in the next few years...

Edited by Brin

Plenty cars in hatch or estate about now to last a few years if anyone is wanting to buy one.

Prices very low for some wanting a bargain.

The story will becoming more public anyway about how Skoda treated some customers that got the cars with faulty engines,

even the revised version brought out late 2012.

& how they are still treating some customers with car with long Warranties.

The future engines and cars that Skoda Build can change anyway they like,

they are not going Rallying with 1.6 Turbo R5's without getting lots from the  publicity as the new cars arrive,

maybe they will Rally with the Engine in a R5 Rapid & do a Rapid vRS for the public.,

george

PS, if Doctor Vahland did say what the article said about the vRS not selling in Europe outside of Britain & the price,

i wonder why no mention of Australia and Importing them there and pricing them to not upset VW.

If Doctor Vahland did make the 'and anyway if you really want a vRS get an Octavia' comment, she is probably

not going to be CEO for long with an attitude like that.

? Is Doctor Winifred Vahland maybe Jeremy Clarksons sister or just his alter ego.?

SORRY< Dr Winifred Vahland is male. DOH.

• Like 1

MC + remap = Mk2 diesel VRS ;)

IMHO of course :)

To be fair, only owned my 105 for a couple of days but spools up nicely from 2K and you're suddenly going a lot quicker than it feels that you are

Drop it a few more mil , remap it to 130ish and maybe stick it on 18's and you've got the makings of a proper Q car

also i can se a special edition vrs on the cards maybe with the whole irc that its got going for it

motorsport owes alot to the little fabia and the touring cars will be getting a seeing too by the octy i reccon