Auto-closing windows and sunroof

Paul52

I have a 2013 Yeti Elegance with the panoramic sunroof. The current setting is to close the sunroof and windows when it rains. I believe I can disable this function through the MFD but from the manual it seems to be "all or nothing". When my dogs are with me (which is a lot of the time) I want to be able to leave all four windows down a  couple of inches no matter the weather both to give them ventilation and to stop the windows steaming up and one of the reasons for ordering the sunroof was to be able to leave this partially open on warmer days to give even more secure ventilation. (Dog owners don't worry - on hot days they are never left in the car on their own).

My problem is when the weather is mild enough to leave them for a while in the car unattended but with the risk of a possible brief shower. Ideally I would like to be able to leave the car with the windows and sunroof open and know that if if there is a enough rain to trigger the auto-closing the sunroof will shut but not the windows. (I have wind deflectors on all four windows so in light rain the windows can stay down 2"-3" without it coming in the car). If this isn't possible I'll have have to switch the auto-closing off. This won't be a major issue because most of the time either it clearly isn't going to rain or there is a reasonable prospect of this and I'll leave the sunroof open or closed accordingly. It's just there is going to be that day when I get it wrong and come back to some rather damp seats!!

Do other Yeti+dog owners have the same problem and is there a solution, even if it means a trip to the dealer for a non-DIY adjustment to have the auto-closing only operate the sunroof and not the windows ?

You need to perhaps ask Martin (Gizmo68) if he has ever come across this in his VCDS machine when changing people's settings on their cars.  There might just be a tick somewhere to only auto-close the sunroof and leave the windows well alone.  Or ask in the VCDS section.

It's a VCDS setting.

You basically tick/untick boxes that are worded such as "Comfort closing drivers window enabled", "Comfort Closing passenger window enabled" and "comfort closing sunroof enabled" etc etc.

So in theory you can individually select which windows to control and not to control.

Phil

Mike,

I presume you have found out the 2 other ways of opening the hatch window, other than the switch inside the car? :giggle:

I only know if 1-using the unlock button on the remote to open and the key to wind back up......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

I disabled the roof autoclosing because I became sick to death in the autumn when the ambient temperature drops of the B****Y blind closing. Apparently this is to save condensation dripping on the seats, in my case leather so does it really matter? I would far rather have to wipe a bit of water off the seats than have a soaking wet blind that you can't retract until it dries out.

Having said all this, even AFTER disabling the autoclosing the B****Y blind STILL persists in closing halfway. I find this infuriating. Personally I would rather not have the blind at all as I NEVER close it.

Short of cutting the wire that powers the blind we are stuffed as my Skoda dealer tells me there is NO OTHER intervention that can be undertaken by dealers, other than that on the in car compute.r

I disabled the roof autoclosing because I became sick to death in the autumn when the ambient temperature drops of the B****Y blind closing. Apparently this is to save condensation dripping on the seats, in my case leather so does it really matter? I would far rather have to wipe a bit of water off the seats than have a soaking wet blind that you can't retract until it dries out.

Having said all this, even AFTER disabling the autoclosing the B****Y blind STILL persists in closing halfway. I find this infuriating. Personally I would rather not have the blind at all as I NEVER close it.

Short of cutting the wire that powers the blind we are stuffed as my Skoda dealer tells me there is NO OTHER intervention that can be undertaken by dealers, other than that on the in car compute.r

The blind will NEVER close half way under any setting on its own accord. The ONLY way it will close a bit and no more is when you hold the lock button on your keyfob to close your mirrors or the windows. For as long as you hold that button the blind will motor forward as well. Until your windows are closed or mirrors folded in and you let go. Ergo a half closed blind.

• Like 1

Sorry Johann,

But I must disagree. (perhaps I have an electrical problem on my car.)

When I get home in the evening I lock the car on the fob.

I NEVER hold the button til the mirrors fold, there is no need.

Often when the temperature drops rapidly overnight (thereby risking condensation) the blind is halfway closed  when I open the car in the morning. Never fully closed, only ever halfway.

The computer has been set to DISABLE auto closing.

Sorry Johann,

But I must disagree. (perhaps I have an electrical problem on my car.)

When I get home in the evening I lock the car on the fob.

I NEVER hold the button til the mirrors fold, there is no need.

Often when the temperature drops rapidly overnight (thereby risking condensation) the blind is halfway closed  when I open the car in the morning. Never fully closed, only ever halfway.

The computer has been set to DISABLE auto closing.

You have a problem then. Since as I described the blind should never stop halfway when it does the evening close thing. I have had the "auto-close on rain" function switched off for nearly five years now and I have never had the blind close at night. It only closed when that box was ticked and then it always closed fully.

Hope you find out the reason for this weird behaviour.

• 6 months later...

Apologies for reviving an old thread, but where on earth is the menu setting for auto closing in rain ? I have hunted through the Maxi Dot menu settings and the owners manual, but I can't see anything that looks vaguely like this.

I have a 2016 L&K with sunroof and I have already left it open inadvertently. It would be a great help if there is some kind of auto close setting.

Thanks

I believe it comes under locking on the Maxidot.

I thought that auto-close was selected as standard, I have not changed it and my windows close if raining (if we have left them open a bit with the dog in).

Edited by Urrell

Thanks for the replies. I have had another look in my Maxi Dot and it is definitely not there as an option on my car.

I downloaded the user manual for the pre FL Yeti and that does clearly describe the feature, but it looks like Skoda have removed it from the more recent models for some reason.

Had a look through the menus on mine and no auto close anywhere, even opened the roof and put water on the top of the screen roof stayed put, Y do away with this useful option  :dull:

Yes the L&K has auto wipers.

No it doesn't. On mine "ATA confirm" is the first line.

Why indeed would Skoda remove this ? I wonder whether there were technical issues with it.

Does anyone know if it's still available via VCDS ?