Custom Design for My Monte Carlo

Personally think your ruining a lovely looking car.

Even at 17 i wouldn't of put stickers all over my car. Suppose its like de badging i just don't get it. Subtle mods such as lower it maybe but not stickers. Sorry to say it. But as said above its your car :)

I know you're excited about getting your car but the graphics are going to ruin your new motor.

Go for something subtle to make it more exclusive but don't cover it with sticky back plastic a la Blue Peter unless your after a Blue Peter badge that is!

Joking aside, it does look a bit OTT in my opinion though, but you're a young lad so whatever floats your boat.

The most important sticker you should be getting on it is a Briskoda one!!

I do like stickers on cars or car tattoos as I like to call them :-)

Cheap styling mods that make our car individual to us the owners. I wouldn't have as anything as loud as that but each to their own! it will look great in real life I'm sure of that.

I'm going to have to invest some of my small pennies and treat the Monte to a Briskoda sticker.

Now all I need to do is decide which one, do I go internal window sticker or external.

I like the one on the rear spoiler on jonro 2009's but I also like the Briskoda logo ones for the inside of the rear window.

Decisions, decisions.

If you want that look, then less could be more.

But sorry not my cup of tea.

I like the middle one. .... less is more and all that. Saying that the inside of my boot is now adorned with blue lighting! :D

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4

Edited by jonro2009

Totally upto you, its whatever floats your boat. Think most of us at some point stickered up something. Maybe loose the writing, just my thought.

I'm in the "stand out" crowd with a bright, shiny, rallye green Octavia vRS, which is most definitely not everyone's cup of tea and you cannot hide, so I have to drive carefully as everyone knows my car as it sticks out like a sore thumb!

By making yours individual, you will do something which may attract attention and they will know your motor.

Enjoy it.

You will be pleased to know that i already have the BRI Stickers to go onto it aswell.. which will make it the part. aswell as the BRI plate surrounds. 

But i know the design is over powering, but that is why i want it.. i want it to be over the top, i want it to catch peoples attention and think 'Wow'.

i personally think that when you see it on the car your minds will change, i dont think the photo does it any justic, i just posted it to see what people think. didnt really get the reaction i expected but hey ho. ive got a brand new car as my first car and thats how i look at it. 

im so lucky to have got it and i want it to be something special. 

You will be pleased to know that i already have the BRI Stickers to go onto it aswell.. which will make it the part. aswell as the BRI plate surrounds.

But i know the design is over powering, but that is why i want it.. i want it to be over the top, i want it to catch peoples attention and think 'Wow'.

i personally think that when you see it on the car your minds will change, i dont think the photo does it any justic, i just posted it to see what people think. didnt really get the reaction i expected but hey ho. ive got a brand new car as my first car and thats how i look at it.

im so lucky to have got it and i want it to be something special.

They wont be saying WOW in that way, save the money on graphics and buy some nice wax and have the car gleaming with a wet look glossy red and people will think that looks very well

• Like 1

They wont be saying WOW in that way, save the money on graphics and buy some nice wax and have the car gleaming with a wet look glossy red and people will think that looks very well

Considering every person i have physically shown the photo to they have loved it, including the skoda dealership. 

Considering every person i have physically shown the photo to they have loved it, including the skoda dealership.

Theres a lovely red diesel one up road from me and looks stunning as is :) and doesn't need anything to stand out they aren't common cars :) have you gone for red? As red and black is a great combo my current octavia is with that combo

Posted Image

Theres a lovely red diesel one up road from me and looks stunning as is :) and doesn't need anything to stand out they aren't common cars :) have you gone for red? As red and black is a great combo my current octavia is with that combo

y4eqapab.jpg

Yes it does look stunning but thats a VRs.. different type of car, i wouldnt have the stickers put on that, id leave it alone because of what it is.. and if you think about it the Monte Carlo is a rally which is full of cars with stickers all over them sooo... kinda goes with the name tbh. 

Why not look at changing alloys, it will give you a subtle but (depending on the rims, so no teddy bear shape ones) effective look, team that with some different badges (or de-badging) you should have a stand out car for minimum outlay (that's if you go Ebay for the rims)

Why not look at changing alloys, it will give you a subtle but (depending on the rims, so no teddy bear shape ones) effective look, team that with some different badges (or de-badging) you should have a stand out car for minimum outlay (that's if you go Ebay for the rims)

erm, good idea.. but then i want to keep the monte carlo wheels as they make the car what it is.. 

Jay It's your Monte. Putting it up on here was always going to get mixed reactions and opinions. You need to be open to others views on the matter. 

Get it done, if you don't like it then get them taken off afterwards. Its YOUR car. 

erm, good idea.. but then i want to keep the monte carlo wheels as they make the car what it is.. 

But the stickers will make the car something it isn't

Anyway, don't be put off by what we say........if you like it, go for it, it's nothing that can't be put right later

Issue with the initial pics is you have matt colours like they came off an Epson Inkjet not a nice glossy new car, and also you have no curves as its a side on 2D image of the car, all of which I suspect undersells the end result. Not a criticism but it makes it harder to visualise the end result, if you know anyone with photoshop skills you might get a better idea of what you're buying into.

I personally would sit in the camp of "not for me, but its your car, so enjoy" but don't take that as a reason not to do it, I expect that in the flesh this will at least look a lot lot better than the mock ups suggest. I think the devil will be in the detail in terms of what finish to the black you spec, matt satin, full gloss and comments on font above are more than valid. Small criticism for me would be that putting 'Monte Carlo' down the side lacks a bit of imagination too.

Look forward to some 'after' photos.

Issue with the initial pics is you have matt colours like they came off an Epson Inkjet not a nice glossy new car, and also you have no curves as its a side on 2D image of the car, all of which I suspect undersells the end result. Not a criticism but it makes it harder to visualise the end result, if you know anyone with photoshop skills you might get a better idea of what you're buying into.

I personally would sit in the camp of "not for me, but its your car, so enjoy" but don't take that as a reason not to do it, I expect that in the flesh this will at least look a lot lot better than the mock ups suggest. I think the devil will be in the detail in terms of what finish to the black you spec, matt satin, full gloss and comments on font above are more than valid. Small criticism for me would be that putting 'Monte Carlo' down the side lacks a bit of imagination too.

Look forward to some 'after' photos.

the photo at the bottom was the one they sent me and i edited the top one myself with photoshop, but really quickly.. and yeah im having it done in a gloss finish so it will match the roof etc.. 

the photo at the bottom was the one they sent me and i edited the top one myself with photoshop, but really quickly.. and yeah im having it done in a gloss finish so it will match the roof etc.. 

Do you realise that the roof and trim on a Monte are black magic pearl finish, not just gloss black?

• Like 1

I reckon a lot of 16yr olds would think that was awesome. Problem is most people on here are alot older hence why the overwhelming opinion is that it looks very poor.

Give it a go tho! Will be interesting to see the final results

I reckon a lot of 16yr olds would think that was awesome. Problem is most people on here are alot older hence why the overwhelming opinion is that it looks very poor.

Give it a go tho! Will be interesting to see the final results

Yeah, you got it in one tbh.. but then they are wiser, i look up to them.. but im still having it done, its going to be a first for a monte to have it so sod it, plus its a design me and my friend drew, so its going to be really good to see it actually done.