DIY Black upgrade kit..

Ok I'll just have a go myself.

I got my surround today. Paint finish is very good, it's pained in black magic by the looks of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk the free non retired version!

I enquired yesterday - they are quoting 15 minutes to do the job - about £19 inc VAT.

Hey Thanks,

Can you give me the details of the dealer you spoke to as my dealer has no idea about the surround..

I

Cheers mate.. I'll give them a buzz

I have just called Vindis Skoda and Natheniel (parts rep) quoted me 45 minutes £60 to fit the grill. I told him that some one on the forum has been quoted 15 mins £19 already from your department. He agreed to honor the £19 quote.

I think its a pretty good deal.

• Like 1

Super skoda is selling the grill for 69 euros and every skida dealer in the UK is selling it for £42.60. I have ordered mine today and the dealer will have it by Wednesday and then I'll have to wait for them to fit it as I cant really do it myself.

Unless one of the very kind members want to help me do it.. ;-)

Cheers

My total was £36.99 from the place in czech republic.

Interesting to know if the dealer supplied grill surround is in a metallic black magic finish or solid gloss black.

The first impressions from superskoda are not so good  :thumbdown:

Black mirror shell ordered in the 1st of february, and on the 2nd of February confirmation of dispatched by email.

Today i was checking my accound in their website, and notice new dispatched date of 9th of February (???!!!)

Send them an email, and there was a delay of 1 week in the dispatch, from one product that was in stock!!

Not so good  :dull:  :envy:

I used them for some rear door vrs sil protectors and some mudflaps which turned up promptly and were excellent...

Wouldn't the black pack parts be cheaper to buy directly from the dealership? I know my grill was when I bought it

• 2 weeks later...

This should help (it's for fitting puddle light but same disassembly);

I've also ordered the grille and mirror covers from Skodadop last Friday. For grille, mirrors and boot/tailgate protector the total was around £96 shipped.

Edited by Spongefactory
  • Like 1