DIY Black upgrade kit..

Good point Paul- I will look on ETKA. I'd imagine so. Otherwise they'd be easily paintable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I implore you to do silver / led front indicator bulbs next (does anyone know what they are?)

Ruins the look. ;-)

P

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using Tapatalk 4

I have the mirror caps and black grill surround on order. Is this a DIY job or did the dealer do it? Any fitting instructions available please?

Thanks

In the end, I got the dealer to do it.  To do the grille, you need to take the bumper off to get to all the clips unless you want to break the silver grille!

In the end, I got the dealer to do it.  To do the grille, you need to take the bumper off to get to all the clips unless you want to break the silver grille!

Thanks, break it I will then as I have no interest in keeping the chrome one. Has anyone done the mirror caps themselves? I did my last motor, glass out, a few torx screws and was easy enough

Thanks, break it I will then as I have no interest in keeping the chrome one. Has anyone done the mirror caps themselves? I did my last motor, glass out, a few torx screws and was easy enough

Same procedure I think from what the dealer said :-)

@Paulobrien - I agree, but I think it needs black wheels more!

Parts cost was around £100, and labour was at the standard rate - depends how long your fitter takes I guess!  To do yourself is a good afternoon's work I would imagine.

• 2 months later...

I've ordered the parts (black grill surround and mirror covers). They are sitting here at work on my desk......Am I going to be able to nip out and fit them in my lunch break? :-) Not keen on paying Skoda to do them. Has anyone else done the mirrors?

Today's update - Mirrors on, grille not yet due to the dealer who was doing it not being able to get the old silver trim off!  I may try myself tomorrow. CharleyB managed it, so I guess with some patience I could nail it.

Were the mirrors easy to fit? 

Done and dusted!!! That was quite tricky! 

The mirror caps..... easiest part. Popped the mirror off carefully, flat blade screw driver in and the cap pops off. Replaced and carefully clipped back into place! 

The grille.......not so easy! Very fiddly (for a complete novice). Wasn't bothered about breaking the silver one, although it isn't a nice job to do. Used a flat blade screw driver (good old trusty flat blade screw driver!) to undo the top clip, then pushed one corner out, whilst pulling the front part out. Ended up snapping the silver gril into about a million pieces, but was too tight to pay for the dealer to do it, and didn't really want to take the whole bumper off. 

All in all, good job. Looks much better in my humble opinion. I did try to order it after seeing loads on here with it, but mine was already being built by the time I asked about it. Superskoda were really good. Ordered the parts (around £108) and they came very quickly. Good job! 

Will post up some pics tomorrow when it is a bit brighter! 

Cheers,

Mozz

I had mine black pack ordered just right after the car arrived. I decided to let Skoda do everything for me, so that if something happen they will be responsible. The mirrors are easy to fit, but the grille is a bit of a problem as you might brake the original one.

How much would it cost in UK just to fit the black pack on the machine? In Romania it was very cheap, 50 pounds or so.

• 1 year later...

Back to life  :p

You guys know if this grille is the original one?

http://skodadop.com/en/octavia-iii-/eksterer-octavia-iii/ramka-reshetki-radiatora-skoda-octavia-iii-5e0853761af9r.html

Because the price compared with Superskoda is much lower!

Here in Portugal, the VRS comes with all the chromes grilles as a standard  :dull:  :thumbdown:

• Like 1