Best Single Dog Crate/Cage for 2012 estate

Catch22

We got the extra large cage from Pets at Home and that fits a treat and is fine for our Old English Sheep Dog but is now slightly low as he has got to full size. But hes more than happy in it for a couple of hours and it folds down for storage.

we've got a Lintran - DB11 - made for an Audi A6 Avant but is a perfect fit. - lintran.co.uk 

expensive, but worth it - altho we bought 2nd hand on eBay...

Al. 

Edited by ukcruiser

The best cages/tailgate guards I found were from a company called barjo (www.barjo.co.uk). I had a tailgate from them for my Astra estate and Octavia estate. They both worked really well.

They also do made to measure cages.

Just out of interest I had a skoda dog guard put in my Superb and it is a dealer fit item as special tools are required. It isn't like the Octavia one which was a 5 minute job.

Thanks for all the replies

I am after one that only takes up half the boot as the dog would come with me to work and I need the other half. So I guess it would have to be a bit more bespoke that a indoor crate, but thanks again for suggesting that.

Lintran look good thanks and Barjo promising as I can go in there and see what they do as they are not that far away.

I will post once I have one as it might help someone else.

Edited by Catch22

Again thanks for the ideas and pictures, happy looking dog btw ukcruiser!

The dog does not exist yet I am doing my homework before hand, call me old fashioned if you like!

It will be a medium size and I also have two children taking up the backseats with all the crap they like to take with them. I want to start as I go on as we want a rescue dog and the safest place is in a crate in the back until we all get to know each other. It may well end up elsewhere in the car! Also when we go on holiday it would be the safest place for it so it does not get buried in lego and dolls!

Also the car is not mine and so I need to keep it as tidy as possible hence the boot again.

Thanks again

• Like 1

Have you looked at travall.co.uk,  I know they supply dog guards, and they do a boot divider, which can be attached, and will allow you to divide boot, as needed.

Again thanks for the ideas and pictures, happy looking dog btw ukcruiser!

She's chilling.... she's X police and LOVES being in the car, and easily, as can be seen, almost falls asleep in the boot...! 

Al. 

She's chilling.... she's X police and LOVES being in the car, and almost falls asleep in the boot...! 

Bet she gets pretty excited if you start driving fast though!  :rofl:

I have the travell dog guard, and as someone else said they do a divider which splits the boot in half. On eBay they often have seconds which the one mine meant the paintwork wasn't quite perfect.

Other bonus unlike Skoda model is it doesn't need any special fitting.