Picked my Xtreme alloys up :) :)

To be fair, I like these wheels on the O3 estate, especially in white. But looks isn't everything, sadly......

.....the thing that would worry me, as Brimma pointed out, is the huge rise in tyre prices when you go from 18" to 19". Rip off springs to mind!

Oh, and the damage Mrs Dunc would undoubtably do to the alloys on the school run! ;-)

Why the Hurray?

He asked nicely and i said id get it him, later when i got home as i don't carry the wheels around with me.

No offence meant. Relax!

Stop biting!

Thanks for the info...I'm in 2 minds as to what to do now, as they aren't as expensive as I thought they'd be.

Haha just teasing.

Well i paid £200 each and they chucked the valves in.

I got the tyres contisportcontact 5 225/35/19 for £618 delivered.

First off, don't get defensive for this post, it's just personal opinion! :)

Just saw an older generation A4 Avant the other day with 19" wheels and while it gave the car a nice stance, the wheels themselves were scratched to no end. They looked horrible from up close. You'd have to drive quite slowly and be stressed around the smallest of potholes or kerbs. I'm guessing that's not why you ordered a VRS right? In my view I think these wheels will detract from your pleasure of driving your shiny new car and a car like the VRS is meant to be enjoyed.

Also, I'm of the opinion that there's a "perfect" tire/wheel ratio that should be kept and it's close to 17"/18" on most cars (unless they're SUVs). 19" seems just a bit too much, there's almost no rubber on that tire! :)

I hope you get to enjoy your new wheels as much as you can.

I know what your saying, i want the car to look nice in my opinion, and i feel that 19" pull this off and the 18" don't. Obviously a vrs is supposed to be sporty like you say probably 17"/18" would be optimum but I'm not going to be thrashing it round, i tend to just accelerate on straights meaning cornering (wheel weights ect) is not really an issue. if im going to do it, iv also gone for auto so it will be more of a cruiser, as do a bit of track time (not in the octavia haha) so take it all out there, i just want a car looking nice.

With regards to kerbs i actually thought about this but i realised i actually very rarely park next to kerbs, however i will be gutted if i scratch them but its a risk I'm willing to take.

Britain's roads are awful but i take my time in my local areas where they are bad now so shouldn't really change too much.

Lets just hope in a years time they aren't up for sale haha. Only messing they wont be.

Rob

Just saw an older generation A4 Avant the other day with 19" wheels and while it gave the car a nice stance, the wheels themselves were scratched to no end. They looked horrible from up close.

That just sounds like someone who can't drive. In 12 years of driving cars with alloys you don't want to scratch I've curbed then 3 times.

That just sounds like someone who can't drive. In 12 years of driving cars with alloys you don't want to scratch I've curbed then 3 times.

On my Fabia i had 17" then octavia currently on 18" and touch wood iv not scratch them yet, all be it they had 40 profile tyres. Just have to be careful, iv spent knocking on £26-£27k on it so want it perfect :).

The scratches won't matter as the peeling laquer will cover them.

Skoda have a number of polished / diamond cut alloys - and all end up delaminating badly.

Fabia - Gigaro

Octavia - Proteus

Superb - Thermisto

Let's hope they've improved.

The scratches won't matter as the peeling laquer will cover them.

Skoda have a number of polished / diamond cut alloys - and all end up delaminating badly.

Fabia - Gigaro

Octavia - Proteus

Superb - Thermisto

Let's hope they've improved.

Hopefully sealant I'm putting on them will help prevent it, but they'll be covered under warranty hopefully