Skoda Ensurance

jlo

Hi,

Just a heads up. If you visit https://www.insurewithskoda.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/ you can register your Skoda for 3 years of cover and it will mean you get your Skoda repaired at a vw group approved repairer.

'Now free to all ŠKODA customers for three years and only takes a minute to get cover!

Ensurance is ŠKODA’s accident and repair cover, which works alongside your main motor insurance policy to help you if your ŠKODA is damaged in an accident or stolen.

We understand that being involved in an accident and having to deal with lots of companies can be really stressful and time consuming. That’s why we’ve designed Ensurance to take care of everything for you. A dedicated claims manager will be available for you to contact 24 hours a day, they will look after the entire claim from start to finish – liaising with your motor insurer, any third parties and our ŠKODA Insurance approved repairers.

They will also arrange for your vehicle to be recovered and taken to a ŠKODA Insurance approved repairer to be repaired by ŠKODA trained technicians who will only use ŠKODA parts and paints. And where possible, we make sure the repairer provides you with a courtesy car to get you back on the road.'

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was just about to make a post about this - and then noticed one already existed :)

So as far as I can tell this is a service where they will effectively become the "claim manager" for you. Speaking with your own insurance and 3rd party to make sure your vehicle is repaired at a Skoda approved centre using genuine parts and paint.

They can sort out a loan vehicle (although only if it appears you're not to blame) and also offer legal expense cover too.

And all this for free. Anyone think of any reason NOT to signup for this?

You're entitled to take your car to any bodyshop you wish with any insurance.

They will try and get it to their repairer by saying you won't get hire car etc but they can't force you, just use bully boy tactics

One thing for sure is that I would never use any insurer approved repairer

My car would go to Shorade or nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...

You're entitled to take your car to any bodyshop you wish with any insurance.

They will try and get it to their repairer by saying you won't get hire car etc but they can't force you, just use bully boy tactics

One thing for sure is that I would never use any insurer approved repairer

My car would go to Shorade or nowhere.

The bully boy tactics as you put it will put you out of pocket in most cases.

For example in my current policy if my vehicle goes to anywhere other than their approved repair centre my excess is doubled.

For windscreens, if I don't use Autoglass then the maximum amount they will pay towards a new screen is £150.

So if you're willing to be out of pocket then yes, take your car where you like.

On-topic, just this moment signed up for this. 3yrs cover for free and Skoda effective act as your claims management and pay for the difference between your vehicle going to your insurance approved repair centre and a Skoda approved repair centre - everyone who can should sign up for it.

• 2 months later...