Lane assist playing up

hkp

Odd, driving along today (with lane assist on) and the Maxidot informed me that lane assist was unavailable!  Various restarts and tinkering and it refuses to come back on.

A trip to the dealer tomorrow then!  

Indicators seem OK... the camera in the screen is clean too. Just one of those things I guess!

When it's working it seems great though - very useful!

The manual is thoroughly unhelpful:

Lane Assist currently not available.
The system has limited functionality due to a temporary error. Try to re-activate

the machine. 

Is the rain sensor completely clear?

completely... I even cleaned it with window cleaner. very very odd. The manual doesn't seem to think it is terminal, so perhaps a long drive might sort it?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? The lane assist -not the car.

Yep, it's locked out the option to turn back on... New technology eh?!

I'll report back if the dealer has any tips or tricks for re-enabling it tomorrow.

Ahhh female intervention !.....you need to deploy the "ohmygodwomandriverincarwatchout" assist

:rofl:

Apologies for being flippant to your question and hoping that mine when it arrives soon does not suffer the same problem (both the lane assist and the woman driver assist)

Tin hat being deployed as we speak.

• Like 1

Took it to the dealer today who reckon the system needs recalibrating. Only, it's so new, they don't know how to calibrate it!! Skoda UK are being consulted, and the dealer will re-assess once they know more. It's something about parking it in front of some lines and teaching it how far away they are...

When I first tried it on mine, going down the M1,didn't think it did anything...It detected the lane lines but didn't seem to try to keep me in lane. With further use on other roads I know it does work - strange feeling the car turning corners for you!

I wondered if it has a self learning function? Feedback I am getting from it now is (I think) much stronger than it was on the first Motorway journey. Or am I just getting used to it?

Alan

Not sure Alan, mine was pretty strong from the beginning, then it packed up!

Skoda dealer is waiting on the calibration target which they are borrowing from Audi apparently as Skoda don't have one?!

HKP you've not had much luck with your new car with the gearbox then the lane assist! Hope it all gets sorted out.

I bloody know! It's cursed this new car, I swear.  Never had any trouble with the old Octy or Superb, or indeed even a scratch on them :(

Was talking to a mate today who works for a German automotive OEM.  He reckons that the Lane Assist system can and does go wooky sometimes on new cars fitted with the system (only about three firms make the system that is used by many manufacturers).  It's a simple job to re-calibrate and takes minutes.  He can't believe that Skoda don't have the target thingy to do the re-calibration!

• 3 weeks later...

Took it to the dealer today who reckon the system needs recalibrating. Only, it's so new, they don't know how to calibrate it!! Skoda UK are being consulted, and the dealer will re-assess once they know more. It's something about parking it in front of some lines and teaching it how far away they are...

Any progress on this one, hkp?

I got my new car on Wednesday and noticed problems with the windscreen cam right away. Took it to the dealer on Monday. They also have the issue with the car needing a recalibration but don't have the tools. They will take it to the local VW garage to do it tomorrow. I do hope this gets sorted as it is affecting the Lane Assist, the automatic light dim and the traffic sign recognition... :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nope - still broken and dealer can't fix it! Thinking of giving the car back as I've only had it for 8 of the 34 days I've owned it!