Why buy a Citigo?

EikokuSanzoku

Did it feel nippy enough for you Auric golfinger (coming from a vRS!)?

It's not as nippy but a hoot to drive, my car does 4 miles a day, work and back and hasn't turned a wheel for a week as i'm on Rest days

It's sat on the drive feeling sorry for it's  self. I've been using the Wife's 75  Elegance most of the week

Having said that it's nice to get the Vrs into the low  20's ( MPG ) and the DSG box is a dream

Decisions, decisions, decisions 

Owning an Octavia vRS, I would never swap to go back to the wifes citigo full time, I have spent 3 months solid driving hers whilst I sorted another car.

The citigo is a very nice car but IMHO and owning both it is no sports car, big performer or tardis.

I much prefer a good chunk of metal around me and TBH my Octy is around 52mpg and the citigo is around 60mpg so nothing much in it on that front but when I press my foot there is a huge difference on the octy :)

It is a cracking car I've found.  Wifey loves hers and even though we have another 2.5 years before the PCP is up, she keeps looking at what else is about.  At the moment, nothing to tempt her away from saying "same again, please"..  Easy to get in and out of, easy to park, drives a dream and even though she only uses it for short trips it still uses hardly any fuel.  That rapid warm-up time really does pay dividends.

If it wasn't the need to be able to tow trailers, and for dog & cat transport, I'd almost look for one for the next company car (yep, it's on my list).  Not sure I'd fancy doing 30k a year in one though - although I've no doubt it would do it with ease.

• Like 1

I loved my drive of the Citigo.  Been waiting to get a Sport 5 door ordered in white.  Salesperson been away on days that I could make.  Difficult to see dealership on Saturday as cycle race going past between 13.00 to 17.00 so dealership may close then.  So appointment booked for Sunday moring to sort out paperwork and get me on the long waiting list.  I believe I am looking at Christmas for delivery. :sweat:

Been for a test drive today at Hayselden's in Doncaster....what a joke... left me waiting round for ages beforehand and afterwards whilst deliberating on what my Octavia was worth. Won't be giving them any business, phoned another dealer locally and was offered £900 more than Hayselden's straight away, off there on Sat and will probably buy one. My son bought a Fabia Monte Carlo off them last month and was very impressed.

Been for a test drive today at Hayselden's in Doncaster....what a joke... left me waiting round for ages beforehand and afterwards whilst deliberating on what my Octavia was worth. Won't be giving them any business, phoned another dealer locally and was offered £900 more than Hayselden's straight away, off there on Sat and will probably buy one. My son bought a Fabia Monte Carlo off them last month and was very impressed.

I'm always amazed by how some dealers don't even get the basics right. My dealer quoted the standard book price on my car within 2 minutes, after giving my car the once over with the clipboard which itself was no longer than 5 minutes. My salesman even scoffed at the stories about dealers marking down cars for minor wear and tear issues, stating how they that cars can't be expected to be kept pristine (apart from my OCD interior lol).

I can't believe ours is more economical than my fabia greenline II,

SWMBO swapped a mk1 vrs for the citigo, reasons were save money with cheap insurance, no road tax and better economy with the trade off of lower performance

it did everything except the last, its performance is far better than we anticipated, lovely tone about 4k rpm and the induction noise will make the yoof with expensive filters and baked bean can exhaust jealous I think

Can agree!

I'm the daughter and giving my husband my monte and about to go and order my own little citigo at lunch today, thought i would not like this car at all but after being put on the insurance for a week and today being the second day of driving i love it! will miss my monte but think this will be a fun addition and as its replacing an old corsa C the savings are looking great.

Forgot to add insurance wise the elegance 60 white with stripes is what im going for, also my insurance will be around £350 for a 20 year old, both parents on insurance with 3 years no claims and total excess of £500, should drop to below £300 next year even with no claims protection. Currently monte cost me £505 with total excess of £750!

Edited by Sheppeygirl
  • Like 1