Dump Valve vs Bov also recirc vs atmospheric

ian89

been looking at dump valves for the vrs and its coming up with tons of blow off valves now i have googled this but cant find the best option. so could someone please help and explain the diffrences and reccomend the best option, also seen options for recirc and atmospheric
p.s im looking for best preformance, not best sound thanks

Dump valve and BOV are essentially the same thing.

Difference between atmospheric and recirc is that the atmospheric will dump outside the air intake system (louder) and the recirc should dump back to the inlet side of the turbo (quieter)

Technically the recirc should aid performance, as it keeps the turbo spinning a fraction more during gear changes but realistically you won't notice the difference.

Go for louder :-)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Forge uk do them for the 2.0 tfsi theres a few options you can buy a complete forge unit very expensive or theres a forge part that bolts behind the standard vale to give an atmospheric sound , the standard vale is fine if just running a remap but older/high millage ones can be prone to fail ,theres loads of them on ebay try searching for mk5 golf gti or audi tt / s3 all with 2.0 tfsi this will give you more search results.

• Like 1

I have a forge tfsi spacer bov for sale. Bought it off here a while ago it's used but unmarked £30 delivered if your interested ? Comes with bold to fit in original box

Dallen, you need to upgrade your membership to Freedom to sell items on the forum. Cheers.

not after atmospheric our necessarily noise but something that will preform better and stronger when i start to get my performance mods underway later in the year

• 4 months later...