regen

freewheeler

how often should a yeti do a regen???,noticed my yeti's revs are running around 1000 rev's once a week!!usualy takes about 30 mile till it drops back down to its normal rev's,starting to get ****ed of with this.had no warning lights,not one,ever.what do you guys think?

michael.

Mine was doing it daily during the coldest weeks of the 2011/12  winter season. Then last winter it started getting over active again, so I fitted a Heko lower grill winter cover and that much improved things.

Got mine from the Heko ebay shop; if they are not advertising ones for a Yeti just send them a message and they may have one 'on the shelf' somewhere.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HEKO

TP

Are the trips you are making very short, or with lots of stop starts, DPF's don't like that.

I think it's on here somewhere that the salesman should advise that if the vehicle is used for mainly school trips or down to the shops, then a diesel with a DPF is not a good option.

The regeneration process on newer diesel engines is the way to keep emissions cleaner, unfortunately if you are only doing local trips the regen process is going to happen more often involving unnecessary journeys to complete the process.

If you are only doing a few miles commute and a trip to the shops once a week then the DPF wont be able to cope and eventually the filter will become blocked and require main dealer attention . You will get a warning light on then.

The DPF regen process should happen un-noticed apart from the revs being up to 1k on tick over.

I have found with my Yeti and my previous Audi the process happens more frequently with supermarket diesel. So i tend to chuck Shell in it most of the time.

Hope this helps.

Mine was doing it daily during the coldest weeks of the 2011/12  winter season. Then last winter it started getting over active again, so I fitted a Heko lower grill winter cover and that much improved things.

Got mine from the Heko ebay shop; if they are not advertising ones for a Yeti just send them a message and they may have one 'on the shelf' somewhere.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/HEKO

TP

I asked for availability and have been told that they do not do a grill cover for the 2013 Yeti.

Steve.

Well since the specification or shape of the bottom "hole" hasn't changed since the Yeti was introduced just tell them it is from an earlier year; it won't cause any problems.

I suspect they are calling the facelift the 13 model.

• Like 1

thanks for the reply's gents,as to short trips,i do about 25 miles per day round trip avg speed about 45,with the odd moterway sprint.this has been happening all year,even in the hot weather we have been lucky to have lately.been talking to people about dpf removel and remap but cant make my mind up about doing this.gets rid of regen's and excesive fuel drinking,sounds good :think:

michael.

My old Yeti used to throw an engine management light too often for my taste-one reason I went for the Tsi. In my case almost certainly I had made the wrong choice since 5 days a week I do a 2 mile city commute. I'm sure I have read of excess regenerations being provoked by a sensor failure and with your usage I'd have that possibility eliminated before considering any more radical surgery.The Plumber had problems with one of his Yetis and may remember the sensor issue being discussed.

thanks for the reply's gents,as to short trips,i do about 25 miles per day round trip avg speed about 45,with the odd moterway sprint.this has been happening all year,even in the hot weather we have been lucky to have lately.been talking to people about dpf removel and remap but cant make my mind up about doing this.gets rid of regen's and excesive fuel drinking,sounds good :think:

michael.

Well that is more long journeying than I do and I rarely notice a regen. Noticed about 3 in 20000 miles - only because I came to a halt and the engine was reving at 1000rpm and fans were going. Never had to do a forced regen or anything like that.

I would think with the miles you're doing and the number of regens you're getting theres a problem. its normally a sensor issue telling the car to do one when it isn't needed. I haven't noticed my CR doing one for months now so suggest you get it booked in at the dealer. good luck

Mine was looked at by a dealer a few times even Skoda Tech got involved but the outcome was no fault, although they seemed unable to explain why I was getting so many regens on a 36 mile open A road drive to work.

Noticed also in the winter the Yeti was registering low oil temps, so it made me wonder if the DPF wasn't getting warm enough either, hence fitting the grill cover.

TP

I've noticed this too with my new 170. It's roughly a 30mile drive to and from work (10miles motorway, 14 A roads and 6 through the town). Coming home I've noticed the fans running on and a serious amount of heat coming from the exhaust. No warning lights so must be a passive regen. Has happened about 6 times so far in little over a month. My old Leon fr 170pd engine I only noticed a regen the once.