GTA V ***Spoilers/Chat***

vRS19TD

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm on most nights. Just plugging the grind ready for the bank drain of Import/Export.

I'm getting pretty good at avoiding bad play in races. Also surprisingly good at causing it too...

• Like 1

I've probably only been on twice in the last 2 months. Played the Tron style adversory mode so i could buy the bike the other night, that looks good if it's got 4 people playing. I only played against some level 11 or 16 and beat him 2-0.

Really need to start getting back on and grinding for the Import/Export update, especially as the 60 car garages at the CEO offices aren't going to be cheap.

The Deadline mode is good when you have 4 decent players on. There's actually a lot of skill involved. But if you have lower level players you can game it a bit. I managed to win simply by driving around really slowly away from the other 3 and they just wiped each other out, leaving me 1-on-1 with 5 lives to his 2 at the end. I'd love to see a team version of it with 3 on 3, where you can go through your own colour trails.

Expecting to drop 10m on the next update at least. Currently on 9.7m in the bank. Need a couple days racing and should hit 10.5 easily I think. Crate grinding has become too much of a chore and the Biker factories need a bit too much investment upfront to get the return in time. Heists with randoms is too hit and miss so there's not much left to grind but missions and races.

The new Kill Count thing is quite fun too actually. Was hoping there's be more of us online for it as while it was on double cash I reckon a decent group of 4 of us could have made a mint. As it is now, you get a couple of good rounds and then people drop out.

That said, I've been being kicked from a lot of races recently when I start to come first consistently. Think I upset a guy the other day as he tried to sideswipe me on a corner. I held back a little and span him out when he swerved into me. Went on to win the race and suddenly got kicked at the next lobby. Rejoined 5 times in a row (they had auto-invite on) and was kicked again each time :D(see what I'm reduced to in order to have fun!)

Edited by Mort
  • Like 2

:D

I'm on around $1.5m, so a lot of grinding needed to get anywhere near $10m. I haven't played any of the new Adversary Modes, apart from Deadline. I'll most likely only be on at weekends and very rarely in an evening now, unless i set up my PSTV in the living room.

I have been looking on my PS app to see who is online and rarely see anyone. I think Leroy has moved on to another game, Nath has moved house so hasn't got WIFI yet and i haven't seen Minibeast or Swordfish online for ages.

Hopefully numbers will start to increase again, especially with Christmas around the corner.

Edited by vRS19TD
  • Like 1

Yeah, sorting the house out for Xmas, so hopefully when work ends I'll have more time on.

That said I'm considering playing through The Last of Us again. And may look into Steep or Uncharted 4 as Xmas entertainment if no one's around. Then there's, like, 80% left of Fallout 4 which kinda fizzled out for me way back. Hopefully the Import/Export update will actually bring stuff that makes me want to keep playing, as a lot of it has seemed to turn into blatant moneymaking rather than covert moneymaking recently.

I want to buy the Shotaro, but the price is a kick in the teeth when I have the H.Drag already. If they play Import/Export right then they can milk me like a cow with the vehicles. But I sense it'll be more about fetch/sell missions than actually bringing tuner cars into the game. Worst case is reskinned crate games but with (mostly existing) cars instead of crates.

Oh well, only a year until Red Dead...

• Like 1

As vrs19td said Leroy is on Battlefiedl1 a lot simply ebcause GTA is boring, with repaeating stuff to gain moeny having siad that I showed him the latest update from a facebook page and he said it sounds good enough to bring him back to GTA for a bit.

And yes i've recently moved house again, all being well should ahve online on Friday (according to BT) so who knows but i'll will be back on grinding working for my MC or someone else on the Import/Export etc nd new game modes. :)

Edited by Naths vRS
  • Like 1

:D

I'm on around $1.5m, so a lot of grinding needed to get anywhere near $10m. I haven't played any of the new Adversary Modes, apart from Deadline. I'll most likely only be on at weekends and very rarely in an evening now, unless i set up my PSTV in the living room.

I have been looking on my PS app to see who is online and rarely see anyone. I think Leroy has moved on to another game, Nath has moved house so hasn't got WIFI yet and i haven't seen Minibeast or Swordfish online for ages.

Hopefully numbers will start to increase again, especially with Christmas around the corner.

Hello..!!!!

I haven't been on for ages last time was with Mort and that wasnt on for Long I will try and get on more often on the weekends now I have spare time :) the wife has been home more than normal cutting into my PS4 time lol .... 

i wont be on at all this weekend but the following weekend I hope to :)

Edited by RS939
  • Like 2

Holy s*** does this new update REALLY show up how bad the civilian AI is at driving. Woeful.

Seems a cross between a reskin of the biker fetch missions and the Benny's missions. Nothing groundbreaking but should keep me busy until into the new year I think. Gone from 10m down to 2.5m last night; may spend more as the extra vehicles are released, but I've bought everything I want (3 things) so far.

As a forewarning, this is NOT an update that can easily be solo'd. Very much more-so than the bikers update, you'll need at least two people to do this 'comfortably'. And I can imagine in a reasonably full public session you'll likely be breaking even or making a loss if anyone wants to mess with you. It's just too easy to mess up the cars during fetch and sell missions, let alone when actual players are trying to stop you as well as the NPCs.

A very expensive update with no massive guarantee that you'll make that money back quickly/easily. But, on the flip side, I can imagine is quite fun with a small group of you in free-roam if you're not in it for the money. Plus I can see myself grinding this more than bikers simply because I prefer driving cars to bikes.

Over 5m for Knight Rider though? That's cray-cray.

• Like 3

I'm out training tonight and I've got the work Xmas do tomorrow night so I'm stuffed until the weekend I'm afraid. But that's the start of my Xmas break, so should be on more than usual from this weekend into the new year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...