New clutch, Sachs, Helix, Darkside?

lemadrell

My clutch has started to slip and I'm now looking to upgrade what are peoples experiences with these clutches?

Also how loud really is the chatter on a SMF, I know it wouldn't bother me but would it wake my family and neighbours when starting it up in the morning and clearing the frost say? 

Cheers!

which clutch is that then mate I can't seem to find it on the website ?

on their website it should say darkside clutch kit. Flywheel is separate. Ill find link in morning n post it on here. Phone wont let me do it

Guest BigJase88

I ran 195bhp and 300lb/ft on a sachs and new standard dmf!

After 10k the dmf started to rattle, after 20k it took out the gearbox

So i fitted a helix and smf!

For me helix everytime

Awesome GTI quoted me £900 all in for a Helix clutch kit then a further £264 for fitting.

I'll be getting it fitted by Dirty Torque anyway :)

Mardi gras Motorsport where jase got his from is cheaper Dan, also a few members have said ring them up and ask for the 'best' price they can give you, maybe be able to discount it ...

http://www.performanceclutch.co.uk/fabia-rs-19tdi-eng-asz/30-4229hf-2036103-233082-607748.php

Helix and SMF for me as soon as I have the spare cash to do it. I'm not taking the risk and would rather spend more now than have to return to it at a later date, all because I picked a cheaper clutch...

Got quoted £1100 supplied and fitted by Unit 18 earlier this year. Was going to take them up on it, but then my turbo went pop first!!

Exactly my thoughts Alex_e3 that's why in the end I went for the Helix SMF.

And I also want to get the most out of my hybrid pd150 stage2 once mapped, I didn't want to be hindered by the OEM clutch and flywheel setup.

And end up paying and travelling to Jabbasport twice to tweak the map on the rollers.

• Like 1