Remap

ly2750

Search for Revo or Shark agents as these are the two most popular on here.  If you're in Northamton it's not so far to Shark HQ in Mansfield.

Assuming a stage 1 with no other modifications on a TFSI (as opposed to TSI) circa 230-235 bhp and probably about 280lbs - 300lbs (not so sure on the torque). 

On a TSI circa 240-250bhp and circa 310lbs.  My old TSI had Revo stage 1 and at motorway speeds the acceleration in 6th was immense, better than my current R in fact.

From experience I would say that the Revo map gives a bit more and makes for a fractionally quicker car but their customer service is poor whereas Shark have a great reputation in that respect.

From experience I would say that the Revo map gives a bit more and makes for a fractionally quicker car but their customer service is poor whereas Shark have a great reputation in that respect.

I've had both Shark & Revo maps and been happy with both, however I have to say the service from the Revo agents in Hull (Autotechnica) has been superb, nothing too much trouble.

If I were to choose, I would go Revo. The map on my S4 is silky smooth with great gains over stock.

Figures from my Tsi vRS were 254bhp & 325lb btw :)

i got a quote from Angel Tuning...£250 incl VAT, increase to 250bhp with an extra 60lbs/ft torque. Is that a good deal, anyone ever done business with Angel Tuning? (ive got a 57plate Octavia VRS petrol)

i got a quote from Angel Tuning...£250 incl VAT, increase to 250bhp with an extra 60lbs/ft torque. Is that a good deal, anyone ever done business with Angel Tuning? (ive got a 57plate Octavia VRS petrol)

A 57 plate will be a tfsi so you won't get 250bhp, more like 230-235bhp.

Also with remaps you pay your money and take your chances. Personally I wouldn't consider anything other than Revo, APR, Shark or GIAC.

VRS in Northampton are an APR dealer with APR themselves in MK. Revo are in Daventry and have dealers like AKS in Bedford.

My Stage 1 TFSI made 245 bhp with an APR map. It did have an uprated fuel pump when it was dyno'd but the map hadn't been adjusted to account for the HPFP at that point.

I recommend REVO via

Northampton Motorsport Ltd

52 Rothersthorpe Crescent

Northampton NN4 8JD

More than happy and they fitted my pipewerx downpipe too.

Have had three happy mates go there for remaps since, pm me if you're local and want to see the difference.

I haven't had a revo map but I can strongly recommend Troy at Northampton Motorsport.

He tuned a Westfield on his rolling road for me a few years ago which wasn't running right. After the visit, which included, fitting trumpets and a TPS to the carbs the car ran sweet with a marked improvement in power and torque. Even though revo in Daventry is nearer for me I'd consider going back to NMS for a remap.

I can say that at the time I was running a p-torque stage 1 map on a Seat Leon 1.9tdi and I was very happy with that. 

Edited by blue_toaster

After three Revo TSi maps I saw the light and tried a Shark Performance remap. Ive never looked back since. Great people to deal with, nothing is too much trouble for them and just as important, the software is nicer and Id argue in real driving situations is actually quicker. Low down grunt, great midrange and revs until the red line. The Revo maps tended to give a load down low (not so kind to the drivetrain imo as the clutch was slipping at just 18,000 miles) and in the mid range but went a little flat at the top. My economy on cruise improved by a higher percentage than it did under the Revo maps also. :)