MKiii Octavia VRS Mudflaps

Has anyone fitted front mudflaps to a mkiii vrs yet?

If so Id be interested in getting the part number or a link as to where to order them from.

Ive seen some on ebay which say they work on a mkiii octy but im hesitant to order them as the dealer wasnt sure if normal mudflaps would fit.

I've not had any fitted yet due to some, er, issues with the car (see my "It's here" thread) but my dealer did look into it and despite the parts system saying the skoda mudflats weren't for the vRS he couldn't see why not. The front wings are identical and they did say they had the same thing with the MK2 vRS but simply popped the rears in warm/hot water to make them a bit softer before fitting and they went on fine.

I know it's not a definitive answer but when I went to collect the car they did tell me they had confirmed they fitted (another branch had fitted them to a car apparently), unfortunately the ones I order hadn't turned up as I only called the day before to add them!

• Like 1

I've not had any fitted yet due to some, er, issues with the car (see my "It's here" thread) but my dealer did look into it and despite the parts system saying the skoda mudflats weren't for the vRS he couldn't see why not. The front wings are identical and they did say they had the same thing with the MK2 vRS but simply popped the rears in warm/hot water to make them a bit softer before fitting and they went on fine.

I know it's not a definitive answer but when I went to collect the car they did tell me they had confirmed they fitted (another branch had fitted them to a car apparently), unfortunately the ones I order hadn't turned up as I only called the day before to add them!

cheers mike.  thats the info I was expecting with it being the same as the mkii (I also fitted some rear flaps with the help of boiling water!)

Juts read your other thread. so sorry to hear about your new car :(  Cant imagine what happened at the factory that day to get it so wrong.

found these on Skoda which I think are the correct ones - http://eshop.skoda-auto.com/cz/en/b2c/Exterior-accessories/front-mud-flaps-octavia-iii-5e0075111x/10

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If they're the same as the mkII very easy, though it's easier if you take the wheels off first as theres not much clearance between the tyre and wheel arch. If you didn't get a spare you'll need a jack too as well as a wheel brace.

If they're the same as the mkII very easy, though it's easier if you take the wheels off first as theres not much clearance between the tyre and wheel arch. If you didn't get a spare you'll need a jack too as well as a wheel brace.

Thanks littleade. Do they need to be drilled or clamped or glued? I'd like to try them but still be able to remove them if I don't like them.  

As above if they are the same as the mkIIs then they are not a perfect fit (according to Skoda) but they go on without too much bother.The mkIIs have 4 self tappers, 3 of whick are inside the wheel arch down the outside edge that are already holding the inner liner in place so you just take them out and offer the flap up and use the same fixings and the 4th is an extra screw you put on the inside edge of the flap with one of those little metal clips that slides over the edge of the inner liner that you then screw into that then grips the liner. When I put mine on I ended up with a small gap between the wheel arch and the liner along the horizonal edge so I got some black silicone sealer from halfords for about £6 IIRC, but I think iin retrospect if I'd been a bit more careful I'd have got a better initial fit. You might be able to get them to fit without taking the wheel off if you have small hands and a suitable screwdriver but I just found it easier to take the wheel off. The wheel bolts will probably have the same 120nm torque setting. So yes you can take them off if you don't like them. Good luck

As above if they are the same as the mkIIs then they are not a perfect fit (according to Skoda) but they go on without too much bother.The mkIIs have 4 self tappers, 3 of whick are inside the wheel arch down the outside edge that are already holding the inner liner in place so you just take them out and offer the flap up and use the same fixings and the 4th is an extra screw you put on the inside edge of the flap with one of those little metal clips that slides over the edge of the inner liner that you then screw into that then grips the liner. When I put mine on I ended up with a small gap between the wheel arch and the liner along the horizonal edge so I got some black silicone sealer from halfords for about £6 IIRC, but I think iin retrospect if I'd been a bit more careful I'd have got a better initial fit. You might be able to get them to fit without taking the wheel off if you have small hands and a suitable screwdriver but I just found it easier to take the wheel off. The wheel bolts will probably have the same 120nm torque setting. So yes you can take them off if you don't like them. Good luck

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query - really appreciate the detail!

Thank you for taking the time to answer my query - really appreciate the detail!

What a great community this is. Thanks littleade.

No worries only to glad to help. The help and advice I recieved when I first joined was excellent and still continues to this day. Fatfudgecat's confirmation there's no drilling makes it look odds on they are very similar to the mk2's. When you offer them up put the 3 screws you've taken out that hold the liner back in loosely first, then you can use some gentle pressure to get the flap nicely lined up before you put the 4th one in and tighten all 4 up. If you're a bit concerned about scratching the paint where the mud flap goes just put a line of masking tape along the leading edge so you can have a play without risking damaging the paint.

• 3 months later...

I have front and rear mud flaps fittedd to octavia vrs mk3. The only reason they are not available by all accounts is the car sits lower than a standard octavia. Makes a difference in the dirt it throws all over the car.

• Like 2

I fitted front and rear mud flaps to my VRS within a couple weeks of getting the car. Big difference to mud spray on the bodywork. 

I didn't drill holes like the instructions said - they are secure enough without.

I think they look great - getting the Turini matt black alloys on Monday (with summer tyres on) so will post a pic.

• Like 3

I fitted front and rear mud flaps to my VRS within a couple weeks of getting the car. Big difference to mud spray on the bodywork. 

I didn't drill holes like the instructions said - they are secure enough without.

I think they look great - getting the Turini matt black alloys on Monday (with summer tyres on) so will post a pic.

So where did you get yours please? Keen to fit some myself to a vRS estate. Pic would be nice too :happy: