MKiii Octavia VRS Mudflaps

4 minutes ago, Jon TDI said:

Anybody fitted the mud flaps on an Ocy with park assist?

Will the flaps interfere with the sensors fitted on the side?

I've fitted front and rear mudflaps and have park assist, which they don't interfere with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CramVRs said:

Recieved mine today, hopefully fit them in the coming days. Question though as I can't see that it's been covered.

did the guys that fitted them just use the original 2 mounting points to the leading edge of the wing? Do these need drilling out to fit the new ones supplied with the flaps?

No, you use the existing holes and screws. The only holes that need drilling are the inner most ones on the front (one hole each side) into the inner plastic wheel arch liner. I didn't even use a power drill to do this, the plastic is so soft. Just a nice sharp 6mm drill bit in a hand chuck. As said elsewhere, 6mm gives the push fitting a good grip. Others have fitted the flaps without the inner clips and suffered no ill effects.

The rears come with clips required to use screws (also provided) that grip onto the bottom of the fabric wheel arch liner with an existing hole. 

• Like 1

Fitted them to my red vRS last week and I think they look ok, not caught them on any speed bumps or anything and also only used 2 holes for the time being. On the fronts i used number plate tape which seems to hold firm enough. Glad I fitted them as today I was rounf the muckiest country lanes with farmyard manure in the road and many tractor tyre clumps. I was expecting the car to be filthy but there was very little muck up the side and rear of the car. Very happy, got mine from super Skoda, took about 6 days to arrive. Well pleased.

On 24/01/2017 at 19:52, Jon TDI said:

Anybody fitted the mud flaps on an Ocy with park assist?

Will the flaps interfere with the sensors fitted on the side?

The flaps don't cover the sensors, so no issue. I've got the park assist and fitted front and rear flaps over a month ago. No issues.

• 8 months later...

I bought the Skoda Parts Ireland Octavia III Winter Protection Pack a few weeks ago. Came to  €100.88 (€18.45 delivery). It’s taken about 1:45 to fit all four mud flaps and they fit well and look decent.

With the amount of debris we get on the roads in our agricultural area (intense veg and daffodil growing) left by tractors and trucks I’ll be glad of the protection this winter.

I took the front wheels off as I needed access to drill one 7mm hole in the wheel arch liner but managed the rears with the wheels on. I couldn’t locate the metal clips for the additional fastener on the inner part of the rears so I just put them behind the wheel arch liner and used the metal screw. Good to finally find a bit of DIY that I can do on this car and I’m happy with the look of the finished job.

Google Shared Photo Album Link

Next I am on to wiring-in a NextBase dashcam that’s been just plugged into the 12V plug for nearly 18 months! I bought the NextBase kit from Maplin so I’m ready to roll!

5DF5585D-A616-4421-8F86-F4AFC23C0C5F.jpeg

B82DB385-F2EE-4E20-B6D8-BD36CD6A8DA7.jpeg

95F3001B-B4BF-46F5-A70D-5652567B5549.png

Edited by Pilotguy

• 1 year later...

yes! ignore the nonsense about not fitting vRS models i keep reading it, but with OEM flaps its not true

20190409_183505.jpg

i had to take the front flaps off to modify them due to the new reiger skirts but they are a perfect fit on a stock VRS

Edited by JohnnyType2

5 hours ago, Marko456 said:

Super Skoda supply the set at a great price, are these genuine Skoda items that require no modifications?

I believe they are Skoda original, yes. There is a slightly different version for the facelift rear. Skoda parts https://www.skoda-parts.com/catalog/octavia-3/spare-parts/accessories/mud-flaps-157.html and superskoda http://www.superskoda.com/scripts/hledej.php?rz=1&retezec=octavia+III+mudflaps&x=0&y=0 are similar prices.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, london55dogs said:

So if I order a set of genuine mud flaps for just the MK3 Skoda Octavia will they fit the vrs model

The only thing I can think of why they are not officially sanctioned for the VRS is for kerb clearance tests. The lower standard ride height 'may' allow the mudflaps to get pinched between standard height kerbs and tyres when reversing upto them, moreso when fully loaded at GVW.

On ‎02‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:22, Marko456 said:

Super Skoda supply the set at a great price, are these genuine Skoda items that require no modifications?

Yes I bought some recently, genuine parts, perfect fit, takes about 5 mins per corner (if you have a right angle scredriver/ratchet)

• 1 month later...

There are better places you could have posted.  Asking about handling in a thread talking about mudflaps is not going to get you much luck.

As for your question: I guess it depends on what you are used to. If coming from a rear/4 wheel drive car or a small sporty hatch you will probably struggle to get the most out of it.  I don't have a vrs but I can happily throw it around.  If you struggle from understeer I dot think lowering it will help a load.  A stiffer RARB will be a better choice.