Turbo actuator fault

L14MNV

Evening all.

Having a bit of a nightmare with my 57 plate diesel VRS.

On our way back on the M62 from a bloody 'in the night garden' show with the family which was horrendous enough for one day when the car suddenly lost power low down in the revs. I got caught up in a tailback which meant crawling along for a while. The car didn't want to pick up at all unless I revved past 2000rpm. If I set off as normal, it was embarrassingly slow and would crawl until the car got to circa 2000rpm and would then pick up, but still no where near what it should and used to.

I've taken it to several places including local dealership who said it found 15 faults which have occurred but it won't specify the exact code for some reason.

I had the guy who mapped the car and removed the DPF have a look and he couldn't find the fault code either. He said nothing is coming up on the vagcom.

He had the egr removed or something? Also had the veins in the turbo cleaned too and strangely that has improved although certainly not resolved it. It just seems to pick up from 1500rpm now, but still not with the power it should be and it's still crawling until it passes 1500rpm.

The guy now believes it to be the turbo actuator that's failed but no where seems to want to sell the actuator separately from the turbo, meaning ill have to folk out big money for another turbo just to get my hands on the actuator, when my turbo is fine.

The same guy has been absolutely brilliant, god love him, and he's had the injectors checked which are fine and were replaced under the recall about a year back.

All the other mechanical checks have been made and pipes seems fine and secure.

Has anyone else experienced this debacle and how did you ultimately solve it?

Thanks for reading

Thanks for the replies and advice guys.

Phoned forge this morning and they don't to do my specific actuator but the guy said that if I send mine to them to look at, they could make one or adapt one and send it back to me for free as long as I took some photos of installation for him and let him know if it works.

What do you reckon?

Thanks for the replies and advice guys.

Phoned forge this morning and they don't to do my specific actuator but the guy said that if I send mine to them to look at, they could make one or adapt one and send it back to me for free as long as I took some photos of installation for him and let him know if it works.

What do you reckon?

I reckon you would be crazy not to accept that offer mate...its free!!!!

• 7 months later...

hi, L14MNV, I'm having the exact same issues with mine at the minute!

I have a 2007 VRS TDI, same issues and the same problem, in not being able to locate an actuator

- there is no chance I am forking out for a new turbo when my one is perfectly fine! - Any help would be much appreciated! 

Jason

• 8 years later...