That multilevel boot option

staib

Having read about this on these forums I asked my Epsom dealer if there was still time to add it to my order.

The comment back was unexpected: "The false floor can be added, but I've got to say that I have only seen one car with this option and our feelings here were that we thought it was pretty rubbish."

So my understanding is that it can be up or down, and when up, provides a hidden lower section as well as a raised boot floor that is then more or less flush with the backs of the lowered back seats.

Sounds fine. Anyone seen one. Does it really look rubbish?!

The dealer has a strange idea of what is 'rubbish'.

I've got the VW Up! false floor fitted (which, unless they've suddenly changed the design, is the same as the Skoda one) and it's practical, very well made, tastefully upholstered and fits nicely.  Sounds like the dealers just a lazy arse who can't be bothered to do the paperwork...

Retro fitted one to my citigo, it's both practical and versatile and my dog is happier as she can now see out of the window when we're traveling.

@ Marty mii.... like your use of para-cord.

Agreed - how did you stop it locking in the up position (only real hate of the parcel shelf), or does it not lift it far enough to engage it?

Had a bit of a result on the variable boot front.

Took delivery of my Citigo on Monday.  Unfortunately when ordered in June I was unable to select a spare wheel and a variable boot at the same time.....VERY weird.

So I decided to ask my dealer to order one from Skoda and fit it once it arrived at the dealership.

In all the excitement of this being the salesman's final sale of the quarter he forgot to charge for the variable boot.... which I remembered they wanted to charge £93. I thought was a fair price, earlier in the year.

On reflection, I contacted Skoda by their website and moaned that it was a bit off that customers who wanted a variable boot and a spare wheel were being penalised to the tune of £38. When the factory option is £60.

So if you've ordered a Citigo and really wanted a variable boot, but was told spare & variable boot couldn't be combined, or that it would delay the build week......

BE CHEEKY and ask to pay the Factory Option price.

SKoda contacted salesman, salesman contacted me. £60 please.

I've £38 burning a hole in my pocket...... where's the link to the Heko 5dr wind deflectors..... :happy:

Anyway to lock it in upright position ?

I really like the deep boot, its perfect for big shopping bags, so it would be nice to still have that option by just locking the dual bootfloor.

• Like 1