First impressions

So I finally got my black fl 170 Elegance Estate delivered yesterday and my Audi A4 Avant was carried off on the same low loader.

First impressions? I feel like I am sitting in a Range Rover compared to my A4. You sit with your legs out straight in the A4, while the Superb is more sat on.

The size is impressive, and the toys are great. I added kessy and park assist. Park assist is a revelation, and particularly useful for grabbing a tight space on London streets. I can't quite fathom kessy out. It doesn't seem to lock when I walk away. Or doesn't always open the rear doors on return.

The throttle response doesn't seem quite as quick as my A4, even though that was a 136 Tdie. But speed builds well after that initial lag.

The size is great (the driver for my purchase) and I can actually step into the rear of my car to strap my two children in. My eldest can no longer kick the back of my seat! The boot looks set to swallow all the A4 held plus lots more.

Lets see how the next few weeks go.

So I finally got my black fl 170 Elegance Estate delivered yesterday and my Audi A4 Avant was carried off on the same low loader.

First impressions? I feel like I am sitting in a Range Rover compared to my A4. You sit with your legs out straight in the A4, while the Superb is more sat on.

The size is impressive, and the toys are great. I added kessy and park assist. Park assist is a revelation, and particularly useful for grabbing a tight space on London streets. I can't quite fathom kessy out. It doesn't seem to lock when I walk away. Or doesn't always open the rear doors on return.

The throttle response doesn't seem quite as quick as my A4, even though that was a 136 Tdie. But speed builds well after that initial lag.

The size is great (the driver for my purchase) and I can actually step into the rear of my car to strap my two children in. My eldest can no longer kick the back of my seat! The boot looks set to swallow all the A4 held plus lots more.

Lets see how the next few weeks go.

The KESSY wont lock itself, you need to tap the door handle on the indentation spot. Well this is how my F/L Kessy system is set up< as for teh rear doors, you are opening the doors first by placing your hand inbetween the front door handle and door panel?

it will still make you smile in a year's time if your experience is anything like mine.

I've had mine for exactly 12 months and only last week discovered that its not only the electric seats that are programmed to the key.

My key has my seat settings, but  also remembers the last setting on the stereo (eg SD card) and my Maxidot settings (eg I've turned off coming home lights). The other key is set for my wife's seat settings, and she also gets her last stereo setting (eg radio 1) and the default Maxidot (as I've changed no settings for her!). A whole year to discover this!  Although that's probably because my wife was intimidated by the size of the car.

She's got used to it now, so I'll probably get to use it less and less........ho hum!

With regard to the engine being not as quick - I recently changed my car to a 170 and would have said that it was not as quick as my previous car  - also a 170. Initially I thought it might have something to do with the start-stop technology present on this one but not on my previous one but actually I think that it is just the new engine is very tight - these engines are really sweet when they loosen out (this is my 3rd - one manual and 2 DSG) - but it does take a couple of thousand miles to do that.

you must have been lucky the one I had with 22.000 on the clock always had a vibration between 1500-2000 revs and a engine hum at 80 mph not what you expect from a £30.000 car went back to the dealer several times they said it was normal they are all like that .hence the reason I now drive a ford kuga .

maybe I was just unlucky the rest of the car was perfect if the superb had the same engine as in the kuga I would still be driving the superb. Hoping Skoda build a superb suv with a 3 litre v6 diesel  for me in 2016  for my next car??

bill

Everybody who has a rattle with their Superb should read this. It's what happened to me, and I'm sure most vibrations are caused by this;

I'll do one better. 2010 estate, 40000 miles. Bought second hand.

I took the car to the dealer (major franchise in Belgium, your typical Audi/VW/Skoda glass palace) because of this "intake rattle".

Master mechanic; "No it's not the intake, it's a pulley from the cambelt, it has to be replaced"

I then mentioned I had extended warranty (2+2 by WeCare, from the Belgian importer). He frowned but still persisted, it's the cambelt.

Cambelt replaced.

Rattle persists.

Junior mechanic; "doesn't sound like the cambelt at all, let me hold the intake while you rev the engine - there you go"

Total cost 18€'s for a new intake cover, and a huge bill for an unnecessairy cambelt change the dealer is stuffed with :giggle: I did ask for a declaration to be written in the service history, "wrong diagnosis caused cambelt change at 40000 mi"

My advice, find the buzzing sweet spot (was just below 1500rpm on mine) and get a mechanic to look around the engine. Should find it if it's the air intake.

Or go to a dealer if you still have warranty, maybe you'll get a free cambelt ;)

I tried the air filter fix no good also tried lumps off foam wedged in different places cabal ties you name it nothing worked.

the bit that I liked was when 3 different dealers said it was ok ? made me sell a very good car

bill