"Phantom" fabia II vRS estate

sharkrider

That should hold up on the track.... nice solid outer tread...

Yep that's what I was thinking, plus mine are more worn than that picture.

Only concern is the central tread looks a bit similar to the Dunlop's you fried.

Not worried if they die though, I want to get some sessanta's.

been down to the midlands meet this weekend, pushed the tyres even harder in the dry.. still no limit found... 

on the way home.. STREAMING wet conditions..... I was a little worried about the rivers on the motorways, but the tyres were fine, cut the water no issues, and I found the limit in he wet on my fave road home near my house, and its about the same as the outgoing maxxis Z1's... suprisingly good in the wet! (at least with this level of tread on them!)

• Like 1

Happy to hear you are liking the RS-R's Dave, I have found the limit of mine in the dry, last weekend at Barkston Heath, we even collected a few cones as we went onto the grass.

I did like the way they let go, very progressive and not just a snap one off the track, I have done two track days on them, one wet and one dry and now one sprint, I am sure they get better after a few heat cycles too.

They really fill the arches on the Phantom, looking good.  :rock:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working from tonight to thursday, then driving down to Petes (my stop over for castle coombe!) on friday .... so probably no time, unless we get time friday evening, to give it a once over with the pressure washer :) I hear rain is comming :(

good tyres for the money in my opinion, I have certainly chased the set I have on the Golf, four events now and still looking good (maybe I am not trying hard enough)

Right fantastic weekend at the castle combe spring action day 600+ miles done in phantom faultlessly! The new pads were awesome, no fade at all from the brakes, and no smoke! they were good all the time :) the RSR's were awesome too, I could take ALLOT more speed through the corners than last year!

imagejpg9.jpg

imagejpg17.jpg

the tyres are now scrubbed in :)

IMG_1787.jpg

all in all very happy :) car performed brilliantly! I got 42 mpg on the way home too! lol...