Acc & lane assist..... Delays on orders, temporarily removed as optional extra

Just been into my local Skoda dealers to get final quote before place order & they told me got sent an email today that acc is now discontinued along with lane assist...

They doing some digging & letting me know Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Also been told today that due to ACC build put back to 7th Feb was mid November ordered 19th July, dealer didn't say anything about Lane assist as this is standard on vRS

Just literally off the phone it's Front Assist that's causing issues, it's being severely restricted and adding it will add time to your order.

Now whether existing orders will be hit I don't know & nor does my dealer, but if it's removed then I will be after something in lieu of it.

Lane Assist, might be more difficult to remove as for vRS it's standard fitment, again if that's removed then I will be seeking something in lieu of it & as the cost of the two items = £760, I may well say OK, I'll have a Columbus Sat Nav as compensation.

If they remove these items then I could reject the car as it's not what's specified within the contract that I've signed.

They also said it may be due to lack of parts/supplies. & that I could still order car but could be a 5/6 month lead time & they just say discontinued to not hurt the lead time figures. I doubt they will remove forever as it's a vag system & used on many cars as std.

Skoda are becoming a victim of their own success, they are building cars so quickly that they are running out of components to complete builds. I still don't know whether Front Assist is on my Elegance which I pick up in two weeks, Lane Assist which I ordered, had better be there...

Regards

Richie

• Like 1

Does anyone know how the ACC works if the limit speed 160km/h is exceeded? The manual says that then the adaptive cruise control is not working. But I wonder what if I would like just to set let say 180 km/h, even if adaptive cruise control is not working – would it keep 180km/h and the only difference then would be that the speed is not adapting? Driving a lot on German motorways this would be inconvenient if I cannot set speed above 160 km/h. Then the cheaper option, Cruise control system (CCS), would be much better to me. Although not adaptive I can set speed above the ACC limit and resume at any time after manual slow down.

Does anyone know how the ACC works if the limit speed 160km/h is exceeded? The manual says that then the adaptive cruise control is not working. But I wonder what if I would like just to set let say 180 km/h, even if adaptive cruise control is not working – would it keep 180km/h and the only difference then would be that the speed is not adapting? Driving a lot on German motorways this would be inconvenient if I cannot set speed above 160 km/h. Then the cheaper option, Cruise control system (CCS), would be much better to me. Although not adaptive I can set speed above the ACC limit and resume at any time after manual slow down.

With them speeds planned you cannot be living in the UK then! lol! Welcome to Briskoda mate!

Regards

Richie

That's why I went for the bog standard cruise control instead of the adaptive one, too much faffing about with it. IMHO you'd be much better off with the normal one as you're more in control.

I'd have to disagree with this...

I spend a lot of time stuck in traffic & slow moving 30-60mph traffic & is find the function very helpful. If I only drive at off peak times then I would not bother spending the £700 but for me. It's perfect. So much so that I wouldn't order the new VRS unless I could have this option.

I know that in the UK ACC limitation is not a problem (at least in theory) :happy:

But in Germany this limitation is causing actually the whole thing to me useless :think:

I have just ordered a car with ACC (although my dealer has not yet contacted with me regarding the problems mentioned with lead time), and if I cannot really set this above 160 km/h then definitely I would go for standard cruise control.

Golf gti and gtd are delayed I have a gti on order but seems that VW dealer can inform me,skoda uk and dealer are crap ,our octavia which was ordered 6th April and still no build week I'm very very upset

Notification to dealers on the 4th October states that the following have been removed from ordering to maintain leadtimes

Front Assist

Adaptive Cruise

Lane Assist

Denom Alloys

They will be removed from the next run of brochures and generally apply to any orders placed after the notifcation.  Orders already placed with a dealer and has scheduled build week are usually built to specification when ordered.  I know for sure that orders already placed for Elegance Ocatvia for example where Front Assist is standard, they will be built to the correct spec but the lead time is extended. 

I think the 0% offer across the whole range has caused delays on a few models, especially Octavia as the PCP payements are working out quite affordable and in most cases much cheaper than alternative cars

• Like 2

Also Lane Assist is standard to the vRS so that will have to be kept too.

From what you say I should be OK as I ordered on 30/08 and my dealer has said he will keep my advised of any delays or alterations.

Can I ask if certain components/features are removed, what sort of compensation could we expect from SUK? I mean would we be allowed to have something else in lieu of them? 

Interesting, according to the configurator a few weeks back, Denom alloys were now standard on the Elegance instead of a 0 cost option. Now they've been taken off ordering, hmm!

@Boff - that's what I thought when looking back at previous notification due to the original standard Elegance alloys being delayed.

As for The Wanderer, I would check if you car has been allocated a build week or not.  I would say if you have a build week you should be fine, if not you should get your dealer to contact retailer support to get clarification on the spec of your car.

Just as a further point of reference, a few weeks back I had a few vRS Estate orders that were delayed due to restrictions with the variable boot floor option and the build weeks were removed from the order.  I, of course, informed my customers that this had caused a dealy in there order for the build week to go back onto the order exactly where it was before. 

Unfortunately, we sales are only as good as the information we are provided with and are usually the last to know anything. 

It's a minefield at the moment with spec changes to Octavia, Facelift Yeti specifications just released and a confusing pricing set up for October, plus Rapid Spaceback prices and specs released......it's a hell of a lot of information to remember lol

Just had my 2.0 elegance a few days, ordered in June and has both ACC and lane assist. Guess those of us who ordered early got them OK.

Sounds like they have either supplier problems or have not anticipated demand for those items, probably the former.

Shame because its a lovely car which is peeing a few people off with their orders, but every popular new car has some kind of delivery problems especially when you have emerging technologies on new platforms and high demand.

• Like 3

@Boff - that's what I thought when looking back at previous notification due to the original standard Elegance alloys being delayed.

As for The Wanderer, I would check if you car has been allocated a build week or not.  I would say if you have a build week you should be fine, if not you should get your dealer to contact retailer support to get clarification on the spec of your car.

Just as a further point of reference, a few weeks back I had a few vRS Estate orders that were delayed due to restrictions with the variable boot floor option and the build weeks were removed from the order.  I, of course, informed my customers that this had caused a dealy in there order for the build week to go back onto the order exactly where it was before. 

Unfortunately, we sales are only as good as the information we are provided with and are usually the last to know anything. 

It's a minefield at the moment with spec changes to Octavia, Facelift Yeti specifications just released and a confusing pricing set up for October, plus Rapid Spaceback prices and specs released......it's a hell of a lot of information to remember lol

Thanks for all the inside information

What? Removed from brochures? So it becomes yet another thing not available to UK customer? And now what - after jumping the gun and not waiting for chassis control for O3 vRS, they want to remove practically all the new advanced tech? Without those the non vRS models are now effectively just previous gen tech plus few worthless gimmicks like coffee reminder, with old school torsion bar instead of multilink suspension at the back but 1/3rd more expensive pricetag than previous model? That's insane.