Travel System/Child seat

Hi all, 

I've got a 56 sport. We're expecting our 1st in February, just been to Babies R Us to check out the travel systems there.

The sales assistant couldn't get our preferred system (Graco Candy Rock) to fit. The seatbelt sockets stopped the base from sitting flush against the rear seats & because of the sloping bench, the car seat on it's own wasn't stable.

Anyone else had problems finding a system that will fit? or has recommendations?

We've got ( or rather daughter got us) a graco seat. It's not isofix, but it uses the rear belt through the frame of the seat and across GS chest at what I see as a safe level . lot beter than in my day where seat was fixed to frame of car ,and kid was strapped into it aka racing driver style .

I used to work in Halfords and could never understand the logic of people with ISOFIX enabled cars that didn't choose a seat for that platform. It may be a little extra, but its the safety of your child! 

Unless of course the people didnt know that they had ISOFIX or what it was, once educated usually changed their mind! 

Sorry I cant suggest a model, just throwing my 2p in :) 

• Like 1

Isofix base all the way, we also had maxi cosi cabrio fix I think. Not just for the safety, but also how much quicker and easier it is to pop the seat in and out when you need to. The drawback with travel systems you see all the time is that people then leave the little un in the car seat the whole time - on the journey there and back, then also pop the seat onto the Pram base and go round the shops or whatever. This is convenient for mum and dad but is not so good on the development and posture of your growing baby, ideally they shouldn't be in a car seat for more than an hour without a "leg stretch"