Driving at night - Dipped beam - Horrific!

Whats the difference between this and the adjuster in the dash ?

Does it trim the bottom of the beam higher ?

Fitted Bosch bulbs today, noticeable difference, drivers side bulb massive pain in the ar5e to refit 

The dial on the dash lowers the lights to compensate for having a full load so would make the lights even lower.

The screw on top of the headlight units physically moves the headlights up and down permanently which is what you want.

You have to shine the lights against a wall so you know they are level with each other.

Apologies for this question as I know it has been asked before (I've searched the forum) - but is there a particular knack to removing the dipped beam H7 bulb/holder?

I've seen the various photos and descriptions of them being 'pretty tight'.  I've tried turning anti-clockwise as per the instructions and owners manual but can't get them to budge.  Could I use grips or would this risk breaking something?

Any tips would be gratefully received.  At the moment it is frustrating that I can't seem to do what should be a pretty simple maintenance task.

MIne is a 2010 Elegance with separate dipped and main beam H7s.

Cheers

Just drove up to Powburn in Northumberland to take the wee one to Cub camp for the weekend and if anyone knows the area, it's in the middle of nowhere.

The Bosch 90+ bulbs I've fitted plus the tweaks to the headlight level were brilliant, with or without high beam.

They seemed to light the road for miles and had a great beam spread, the roads are unlit country lanes and they were a godsend.

Hate to think what they would've been like with the standard bulbs and height setting.

• Like 1

I too have experienced the problem with poor light output from the Fabia vrs lights.

I however have 2 H7's in each light pod. I have a 2011 vrs.

Dipped beam is projector = Defined beam but poor reach

Main beam is reflector. = lights up everything

Are these the old or new style of lights? Or are they just a vrs version as I know someone with a Monti and they have the dual dip and main projector style light. His don't seem to be helped by the fact that the light pod is tinted as standard.

I've ended putting the following bulbs in. Naughty I know but no one has flashed me and I personally don't think they are much better than my standard 55W Osram bulbs. http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/uk/products/Cars/Bulbs/Performance+Bulbs/RW464

I think it was a massive oversight for Skoda not to have Xenon's as an upgrade option.

Perfect post for me to read.

I've got a June 2011 Fabia vRS estate. Silver lights, so presume they are these dual bulb ones that you speak of.

I'm wanting to upgrade my lights, and a HID kit seems to be the best option. Just wondering what people have gone for (links to specific kits would be great, if not, just a quick spiel on 35w/55w etc. 

Does anyone here know what colour rating the vRS daylight running LED's are? would be nice to have a colour match :)

• Like 1

I went for a 35w 6000k kit from www.carmodshop.co.uk as the 35w is reported to be more compatible with CANBUS and for me that was right.

4000k would be a more suitable match to the DRLs

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I went for a 35w 6000k kit from www.carmodshop.co.uk as the 35w is reported to be more compatible with CANBUS and for me that was right. 4000k would be a more suitable match to the DRLs Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Easy to fit?

I always found the lights fine but after doing my test run for my new commute there were points where I could have done with more light. Does anyone know of a bulb that is definitely worth upgrading to? And how easy is it to adjust the beam?

Just posted last night about my new Bosch 90+ bulbs I've fitted, they were excellent.

30 or so miles of unlit country roads in North Northumberland and along with the adjustments I made to the headlight height they were Fab.

Got the bulbs from Euro Car Parts via a link that another member had posted, paid £7.49 for the pair when they were on offer including a 25% promo code.

To adjust the headlight height, there's a white plastic grub screw on top of the actual headlight housing that you turn anticlockwise to heighten and visa versa to lower the beam. Set the car against a wall or garage door so you can see how they raise or lower and to make sure you get them level.

Should be about a 20 min job to fit new bulbs and adjust the beam.

why do you have to cut a hole in the rubber? I thought the replacement bulb just slotted in where the old one went?

The wiring for the ballast needs to come out of the back.

You do need to use the bulb holders from the OEM bulbs too.

It's an easy job but a bit fiddly the first time. There are some guides out there though as you do need to split the bulb holder for the wires aswell.

Have you got the 2 separate bulbs in each headlight as they may be different to the Monte lights.

The Monte lights have the adjustment screw on the top, only one per headlight as they only use one bulb each.

The bulbs themselves were really easy to get to and change, again, they may be different to your units.

It is a case of trial and error.

The first time I did it they were too high so when I fitted the new bulbs I lowered them and they're just how I want them now, especially after giving them a good test last night.

I had them in previous but they were from my old car so probably past their best.

Loads on here have them fitted and are more than happy with them so you can't go wrong.

I had issues with my first set of Osrams so I emailed them and they sent me a new set, that was on my old car that had auto lights, didn't help that they were on and off more times than a tart's knickers!!

At least on my Monte they just go on when I want them.

I had issues with my first set of Osrams so I emailed them and they sent me a new set, that was on my old car that had auto lights, didn't help that they were on and off more times than a tart's knickers!!

At least on my Monte they just go on when I want them.

The lights or the knickers? :lol: