Petrol gauge needle illumination

ParaYeti

Does anyone know how to access the back of the instrument dials so I can investigate why my petrol gauge needle is no longer illuminated. It lit up briefly last night but was very dim so it might just be a loose connection. Is it easy to get to from the back or will the instruments have to come out?

Does anyone know how to access the back of the instrument dials so I can investigate why my petrol gauge needle is no longer illuminated. It lit up briefly last night but was very dim so it might just be a loose connection. Is it easy to get to from the back or will the instruments have to come out?

There ought to be an LED (I guess) in there somewhere that SHOULD be replaceable, but is you vehicle still under warrantee? If so, then take it to your dealer. My temperature gauge needle illumination failed about a year ago and the complete instrument cluster was replaced, I was told this was the recommended course of action for a main dealer and could cast the best part of £1200 to fix out of warrantee. The ignition keys need to be reprogrammed at the same time.... Good luck!

S_M

• Like 1

+1

If it is out of warranty I would still take it to the dealer to look at.

If just out of warranty SuK may change it FOC as a good will gesture, or at least contribute if you press them a bit.

Most instruments are sealed and you have to break the cases to get in there.

Having said that, there is an electronics whizz on the fabia forum who has changed the LED back lights on his car.

Do a member search for Dark_Hero and drop him a PM

Maybe he could sort yours if you ask him nicely.