Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Grizzle

I just hope the sidewall is alot more stiffer than the RS2's. 

For Fabia VRS size, according to Camskill website, they will come in 205/45R16 87Y.  This is a higher load rated tyre of '87' than the old ones, which were '83' rated.

Tried to order some from camskill the other day but they're not available until end of December so bought contact 5's .

its funny I can now actually picture you and your car when you post ! :P

your fronts were about as knackered as mine after oulton park!

The trouble is most online sites have stopped selling RS2s for the Fabia and these RS3 are not yet available. The marketing blurb and vids looks very good for these, but they have not been independently tested and compared to other tyres.

When they do become available I don't know weather to try them out (if reasonably priced) or buy Goodyear Assymetric 2s as they seam to do well in magazine tests.

Iv had RS2's on other cars and work very very well but as said above the side wall did seem soft and almost make it look like you had flat tyres even tho they were the correct pressure.

Would be nice to try out a set of the new RS3's

its funny I can now actually picture you and your car when you post ! :P

Yes these track days don't half wear your tyres out lol!

Good to meet you BTW !

• Like 1

been trying to find some rs2 today and not a lot of luck.

Found a pair which are going on the front this week but not all 4 as wanted.

RS3 are due 11 november and tomorrow shall be booking a pair for fitment upon arrival.

Will have them on the front and swap the 2's to the back, if the 3's arent so good they can then be swapped back again.

Unless anybody knows where there are 2 RS2's in the south east?

• 3 weeks later...

I just hope the sidewall is alot more stiffer than the RS2's. 

Interesting you should say that, on my Octy 1 the fronts always looked squashed after a few months on both the previous two sets of RS1's and the last and current set of RS'2 . Also on the RS2 I have been having terrible noise problems over the literally hundreds of cars I have fitted them to, anyone else had noise issues with the RS2 over road noise? The RS1 was fine, I again fitted hundreds of them during their run and NEVER once had even the slightest issue. I contacted Conti UK and their chap came out and checked eight noisy cars we had in on the day with the RS2 and said all were suffering heel an toe wear due to misalignment (we checked them ALL when he left, all were within tolerance) and they only positive was he noticed the Conti SC3's on another car we have were suffering side-wall cracking (cosmetic he said...) and gave us a new tyre. I called a few more times about the noise issues and was totally ignored. I must be a complete mug as I am going to order a set of RS3's for my own car...that's brand loyalty for you, I have used NOTHING but Uniroyal (OK, the very occasional Conti) since 1988 when I had a set of 340's on my Mk1 then onto the 440 then RTT1 and RTT2, so it did stick in my throat a little that they just brushed aside the concerns of a customer who has spent thousands of pounds on their tyres fitting them to customers cars and consonantly recommending them to others.

• Like 1

its funny I can now actually picture you and your car when you post ! :p

Dave, you HAVE to get those, there's sharks in the tread, 'rider of sharks' n all that :D

• Like 1

I'm looking to replace my set in the next month or two, correct size for 17" Zeniths are 91W but I'm guessing 91Y will be fine too? Same price as the RS2, £68 per corner which seems pretty good.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s16p111648/Uniroyal_Tyres_Car_Uniroyal_RainSport3_Uniroyal_Rain_Sport_3_-_225_45_R17_91Y_FR_TL_Fuel_Eff_%3A_C_Wet_Grip%3A_A_NoiseClass%3A_2_Noise%3A_71dB

Edited by ethos

my winters are "H" Jim, limited to 130 mph ;)

I know, strangely so are mine. But we are talking about these new Rainsports not winters, hence I didn't mention 'H rated'. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Shark Skin Technology!?

Those marketing bods at Uniroyal are at the top of their game :giggle:

the shark skin technology is referring to the deep grooves in the tread, if its anything like the swim suit that the IOC has banned because it gave a significant advantage over traditional swim suits these tyres will be just as great in the wet, the dry remains the question, I have 4 coming today 225/45/17 £67 each I'll report back in a few weeks on how they are.
  • Like 1

It looks like Camskill has them in for Fabia size. They (205/45 16) are currently  £64.70 for 87Y XL and £62 for 83Y., this of course doesn't count P+P or fitting.