Front assist radar - no cover 'dome'

My guess (and yes it's a guess) is that the plastic you see will be a cover. Remember we're talking about a Radar system here, how they measure will easily pass through plastic.

If it's the same on Skoda and VW Golfs then It won't be something they forgot to add on the production line. It'll be a new design.

I know it looks different in all the pictures but this is a company that have release quite a few versions of their brochure due to misprints about specs ;-)

The domed cover radar is for cars upto 27/05/2013 - 5Q0 907 541G,

and the flat cover radar is from 27/05/2013 onwards - 5Q0 907 561A - £837.13 +vat.

I'll post an exploded diagram later so you can see the differences.

Edited by J8mbo
  • Like 3

Even the brochure shows the newer version so I really don't know why people are getting so stressed out over this...

I've looked tonight, and it is only this very latest brochure with the different photo. The previous versions up to this one showed the dome.

Thank you everyone for the clarification though, I'd rather be proven that there is nothing wrong than carry on with a car that has something potentially missing.

Edited by boff180