North East Meet -another attempt!

GTWaites

Since a Wednesday night wasn't good for people, would anybody be up for a meet again on Tuesday, same time -same place (OK Diner, A19 Southbound, Hartlepool at 7)?

If not, when and where would be the best place to happen? I agree with the comments lately on how the North East section is quiet - so let's make a meet happen!

Theres no outside lighting at ok diner they not working having meets and getting people interested is becoming harder and harder its hard to please everyone some people cant make them due to work or other things some cant do weekends either so its trying to find a happy medium. We have had some good meets in the past its just a shame they are few and far between cos when they do happen they are usually good.

If it came to it, The Windmill is just at the junction prior. Is a larger car park and (hopefully) has car park lighting that works.

It's a shame about the OK Diner, I'd be interested to see what the food is like!

Just to give you a heads up there's a meet at the Windmill for Sunday lunch on 3rd November (something a little different) and will be plenty of VAG owners along. So it might be a chance of you who want to have a meet to go along and participate? 

It's not a Briskoda meet, but a local forums bi-monthly meet. 

Well I would turn up but I'm not meant to be in the North East until later in the month and being in Swindon would be a bit of a trek just for that. 

When I lived up there I went to a few VAGcars meets at the OK dinner and food was good, milkshakes are worthy of a try, although that was a few years ago. 

If it comes to it, we could head to the VagCars meet, then head to the OK Diner? Drove past again tonight, no lights again so it wouldn't be good to meet on a night. Plus the weather's supposed to be naff again tomorrow.

I'll be heading to the vagcars meet... Got my dates mixed up as well my car is going on the rolling road at motorscope in Northallerton on Sunday. It's my dads Subaru forum that is hosting the day, should be a good one if anyone wants to meet up there.

• 1 month later...

I would also be interested in a north east meet, A place not far from me called Dalton park is ok for Sunday afternoon meets plenty of car parking spaces and a maccy dee's close by with a few coffee shops as well. Easy accesses for anyone needing to go north bound or south bound as well with been next to the A19.

I am all for a meet at Dalton park or even the mariner at Hartlepool, It would be good to get out and meet new faces I was at a meet last week for the primera owners club still like to keep in touch with some old friends from there fighting to keep the old gt's on the road.