1400 AFH 16V conversion question - threads merged

I did it myself mate, just used some aluminium sheet and cut it to shape then fixed it inplace, dont suffer an heatsoak. There is actually a cold air feed i fitted aswell but not in this photo.

hmm ic thanks !! i guess i might end up doing something similar or leaving it like it is XD

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys I'm sure I'm going to annoy a few of you now as it'll be on here somewhere so here goes:

basic bolt in engine upgrade for an AEE is what? 1400 16v AFH yes, you speak of a 1600 16v as well but as fare as I can tell on autodata there isn't a 1600 AFH so what is the code for that? any other engine code that are a "basic" bolt in job?

The 1.6 16v is AFH head with AVY bottom end making it 1.6 16v or you can use complete AFH engine with AVY internals to make 1.6 16v.

ahhhhhh I see so basically AVY internals have a shorter stroke. so increase in capacity?  

no, not quite, the length of the stroke on the 1600cc engines is longer, but the length of the conrod and piston is shorter to compensate for the longer stroke if that makes sense

But it still gives an increase of 50cc per bore to up it to a 1600cc?

Also why cant the AVY complete be bolted in?

But it still gives an increase of 50cc per bore to up it to a 1600cc?

Also why cant the AVY complete be bolted in?

you could bolt the whole engine in yes, the drivers side engine mount is totally different though, it's bolted to the side of the cylinder head on those engines rather than on the engine block, it's all doable but the electrical side is more complicated

• 1 year later...

I like my 1.4 16v felicia apart from the blow in exaust from manifold to down pipe but I can't seam to find the gasket any where part number is 6N0253115D can any one help me...

I searched the part number in ebay and could only find this from an international seller, item number- 121868815121.

Have you tried ringing a VW dealer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great, another one!! :D

I did it the other way around - used AUS internals in the AFH engine

What gearbox did you use?

I had to modify tom's engine mount a bit (different dimensions). If you still need it I will look for the cad file and you can have it laser or wj cut.

you should have the file on your mail. :happy:

I used the original AFH mani and built the double down pipe myself.

I think a Raceland 4-2-1 is a better choice but couldn't find it either.

For the exhaust it's a 1.9D Felly (almost) bolt on job. (thanks Tom)

Mine still suffers a high rpm low torque sickness...didn't find the cure for that yet.

Let me know how your goes once finished.

• Like 1