anybody orderd kessy

• 3 months later...

I have one question regarding Kessy system. As I understood - there is a Start-Stop button instead of key ignition when ordering Kessy. Then how engine start process works when it is cold and spark plug heater is working before start? 

In my Volvo (button start - stop) it works like this - I press the button and then wait for some 10s (when it is cold) until engine starts (I do not need to keep button pressed all this time, I just press once and wait). But this does not allow to heat sparks twice, while with the key ignition you can do it. 

How it is in Superb?

I have it on my car, and am currently in Bydgoszcz, Poland where it is minus 10. I hit the stop/start and the car starts in about three seconds. There isn't normally this delay so I assume that is the pre-heater working. Very quick though. 

All I need is a snow plough attachment for the bonnet!

I have one question regarding Kessy system. As I understood - there is a Start-Stop button instead of key ignition when ordering Kessy. Then how engine start process works when it is cold and spark plug heater is working before start? 

In my Volvo (button start - stop) it works like this - I press the button and then wait for some 10s (when it is cold) until engine starts (I do not need to keep button pressed all this time, I just press once and wait). But this does not allow to heat sparks twice, while with the key ignition you can do it. 

How it is in Superb?

Hit the start button without your foot down on the clutch and that started the ingntion (not the engine) you will see the glow plug indicator as you do in normal key opearted cars, then hit the start button with foot down on the clutch to start the engine.

think that is how it works on mine, but to be honest it is now just habbit and cant remember if the clutch needs to be down, think it does.

This is what I found:

Diesel engines

– The ignition is switched off by briefly pressing the starter button ??fig. 118.
The ignition can be switched off up to a speed of 2 km/h.

On vehicles fitted with a manual gearbox, the clutch must not be pressed after
switching off the ignition otherwise the system would try to start.

On vehicles fitted with an automatic gearbox, the selector lever must be in the
position P or N and the brake pedal must not be pressed.

– If the starter button is pressed during the whole preglow period, the engine
starts after the warning light ? has gone out.

The diesel engine can also be started by pressing the starter button, the ignition
is switched on and the preglow warning light ? lights up. You must wait until the
preglow warning light ? goes out and then press the starter button again until
the engine starts.

If in an emergency, the engine must be started quickly (e.g. in a critical situation),
you can start the engine by pressing the starter button again before the preglow
warning light goes out.

=============

So it appears, that Skoda has more clever keyless start than Volvo - I can myself choose if I want to heat sparks once or twice. In my other cars I used to heat sparks twice when it was more than -20C. 

I had KESSY in my 2011 Superb and have it in the FL 2013 superb. It appears that they have improved the system slightly - in my 2011 car the system would frequently struggle to find the key to start the car -frequently I would have to fish the key out and place it closer to the button - this did not change even with frequent changes to the battery in the remote - but with the FL car this does not seem to occur at all- the key is always found first time.

I have KESSY in my 2012 (April) car and only rarely does it not see the key and I usually leave the key in my pocket or it is in the door pocket space. :thumbup:

Certainly would now always have this system.